Time

Mentions of physical abuse, bad parenting, small mentions of blood

Robby read the journal pages over and over again, he didn't realise how much Miraleigh had been affected by all of this and that she thought she's been a bad girlfriend. Robby wanted to run over to her and tell her that she was a great girlfriend but he realised he invaded her privacy. He placed the book back down, laid down in the bed and had a tough night sleep. The next morning was awkward and uncomfortable, Miraleigh and Robby barely spoke a word to each other. She gave him a slight smile before she placed headphones on, listened to music describing her mood and walked out the door. Miraleigh headed down to Miyagi-Do, she knew no one would be there, so she could do what she wanted to do, the girl placed her bag down and hopped onto the deck. 

The girl centred herself, starting to do what she learnt the first time she was on the floating deck. Miraleigh misses the peacefulness Miyagi-Do gave her, Tory had texted her and told her of the changes in the tournament. Miraleigh was good for most of the new categories, so she hoped she'd be able to win something.  Miraleigh felt tears run down her cheeks, her thoughts were attacking her mind and overwhelming her. She stopped, a sob escaped her lips and she slipped into the water. 

"Miraleigh, what are you doing here?" She looked up seeing Daniel, she shook her head and got out of the water. 

"Cobra Kai is getting to me, I need the peacefulness that this place once gave." She dried her face, then looked at him and apologised for trespassing.

"Don't worry about that, look, Miraleigh, come back to Miyagi-Do. You'll be better off here, you'll help us with the tournament. I have faith in Sam, but she hasn't done one of these before, you know what to expect and you'll benefit us." 

"Wow, great job! I mean, you don't give a shit about me, all you want is for Cobra Kai out of the valley and for things to back to normal. You think that by me joining, that will happen, but guess what, it's not gonna happen. Then you're gonna ask Robby, he'll give you the same answer. Mr. LaRusso, I don't think I'll be joining, here again, you haven't proven to be a good person, you only want me back to be in the tournament and then what?" 

"Miraleigh those men aren't good men, we've heard what's going on with your father, I'll help you with that if you do this for me." 

"No! Get this through your head, I'm not coming back, you are just as bad a Silver, Kreese and my dad." 

"You know that Silver's bad?" She looked at him with a glare, out of all that, he questioned about Silver. 

"I'm not stupid, that man is broken, now if you'll excuse me I have places to be." Miraleigh grabbed her stuff and stormed out, Miraleigh got home to change, then as she was leaving the entrance to the apartment block she stopped in her tracks seeing her father. 

"Wow, nice place, how do you afford it?" 

"How did you find me?" 

"Not your concern, pack up your shit, you're moving. Now!" Miraleigh flinched away from him, then took a couple of steps back. 

"Tonight, I need to do things before then." 

"Listen here you little shit, you're gonna go back up there, pack up your shit and then I'm taking you home." 

"Fuck off." She hissed, making sure as she walked off, she didn't turn away from him. He shoved her into the wall, causing her to hit it with a thud and fall to the ground, a groan escaped her lips and little bits of blood dripped onto the ground. William got her back up, she slowly stood up, William and the girl had a little bit of a stand-off the man got the upper hand, kicked her in the stomach and then shoved her once again in the wall. Only this time, she hit the edge of the wall, she gasped in agony, struggled to get back up and once she did. The girl ran to her bag,  grabbed it and then ran off, not once looking behind. 

Miraleigh got to the dojo, thanked Tory as she was handed a box, she looked at all the items before she walked to the bathroom to change. Once Miraleigh did that, she smiled at herself as she examined herself in the new attire, she wore a singlet and a pair of leggings. Miraleigh cleaned herself up, making sure she hid the bandages and bandaids with a black hoodie that had the Cobra Kai symbol. Her leggings were a mix between purple and red, her singlet was grey, she was glad not to have gotten any flashy colours and colours she liked. 

Miraleigh got a couple of different outfits for training, she got three hoodies altogether, each hoodie was either black, grey, or maroon. The pack of leggings she got were black, the purple-red colour and grey. Then her singlets were black, maroon or yet again grey. Once she was finished, she walked out of the bathroom, placed her bag down and walked into the main part of the dojo. Everyone stared at her, she hugged herself, rubbing her arms up and down as she walked to a punching bag. She rested her forehead on the bag, then took a shaky breath, got into a fighting position and kicked the bag. Wincing as pain struck her entire side, Miraleigh went to punching instead, it was less painful and easier to manage. 

The girl saw Robby at the corner of her eye, she stopped then looked down for a moment and then looked back at him. He rocked back and forth on his feet, he stared at Miraleigh and looked to see her in the new attire.

"You look nice, I mean you always look nice." He scrambled over his words, she giggled slightly as he tried not to screw up on his words. He smiled back at her, he could see the tears brimming in her eyes, the smile the was shaking and her need to use the bag as support to stand. Miraleigh grabbed his hands, despite the fact she hadn't really forgiven him over last night, she need him and needed his help.

"I'm sorry Robby-" She whispered, sniffling as she refused to meet his eyes, he gently placed his fingers under her chin, got her to look up at him and gave her a look. 

"No, Miraleigh, please don't apologise. This isn't something you're gonna apologise for, this is my screw up and you didn't deserve what I did I'm sorry and I know that's not going to magically fix anything. Let me make it up to you every day for the rest of our lives, please, let me do this. I really want to make it up to you and I feel awful for being such an asshole to you. Please, sweetheart, I'm going to take you to dinner, then I'm going to treat you to dessert and when we get home I'll run a bath with the bath salts and bath bombs and whatever else you have." Miraleigh placed her hands on his face, getting him to stop talking and look at the girl with concern. 

"That's very sweet Robby, could we do dinner tomorrow? I-" A sob escaped her lips, Robby instantly pulled her into his chest, then took her outside so everyone wasn't watching her. He soothingly rubbed her back, she clenched his shirt and sobbed into his chest. 

"Call the police." She stammered, burying her face into his chest, he looked down at her alarmed and confused. 

"Wh- Miraleigh, what happened?" Miraleigh couldn't tell him, she was struggling to talk through her sobs and shaky breathing. Robby carefully set her down on the ground, he ran into the dojo to grab his phone and then came back out. He called the cops, asking them to come to his location but couldn't explain the reason. He sat down next to her, took her hand and watched as she tried to take off the hoodie. He helped her, his eyes widening at the sight of her right arm, covered in grazes and bandaids, she sniffled and lifted her singlet up at a certain point so he could see what happened to her side.

"H-h-he knows where we l-live." She whispered, sobs continuing to escape her lips, Robby clenched his jaw and held her gently in his arms not wanting to inflict pain upon her. Once the cops arrived, Miraleigh explained what happened and who did it. They stormed in, taking William away but it wouldn't last for long. 

Kreese dismissed Miraleigh and Robby early, the boy took her home and got a bath running, he helped her in once it was time and kissed her forehead before walking out. Robby got the first aid kit, placed it on the bed, then started getting some comfy clothes for the girl. After Miraleigh bathed, Robby helped her get dressed and then sat her on the bed. He patched her up properly, then got her some painkillers and then started getting dinner ready. 

Not proud of this chapter