Ploy

Miraleigh looked at her father wide-eyed, Robby looked at him with a glare and then looked at Miraleigh with fear. He didn't want to have to fight her, he knew that they'd be forced to go all out and not go easy on each other. Miraleigh cleared her throat, looked to Tory and then stood up. Kreese looked at William with a surprised look, Silver smirked and nodded. 

"I don't think that's necessary," Kreese stated, looking at the two teens and then glanced at Silver with an unreadable look. 

"I think it is. I mean, by doing this, we'll be breaking that care they have for each other. You can't have compassion in the world, they need to lose all of that and go all out! Do you understand that! Love doesn't exist in fighting! Come on,  get in position!" Miraleigh and Robby shared worried glances, they walked past each other, Robby leaning down to whisper to her ear as he went past her. 

"I'm sorry." He whispered, 

"I know." She whispered, turning around to face him as she got to her side of the mat. Miraleigh swallowed a lump in her throat, she clenched her eyes shut and then changed her composure and lost her worried look immediately. Robby had a blank look on his face but his thoughts were screaming at him. They bowed to each other, then got into their stances. 

"Fight!"  Miraleigh and Robby circled each other, waiting for the other to make the first move. Miraleigh made the first move, she side-kicked his hip, he pushed her leg down and then struck her with an elbow strike in the lower jaw. She groaned, ducking as Robby threw a hook kick, she threw an uppercut punch to Robby's stomach. He groaned, bending over slightly, quickly regaining his posture as she kicked his side. Robby and Miraleigh were constantly blocking kicks and punches while at the same punching and kicking each other. 

Miraleigh once again ducked as Robby almost got her with a hook kick, she uppercut punched him just above his groin, a glare formed on her face as Robby grabbed her arm and pulled her up. He wrapped his arm around her throat, her throat in the crook of his elbow. She placed her right hand between his arm and her throat, giving her more space to breathe. Her glare hardened as Silver spoke up, Robby loosened his grip, feeling as her hand between his arm and her throat. 

"Come on! What is this? This isn't a dance class! Show me the real anger! Robby, don't be afraid to hurt her, don't ease off on her. Finish her off!" Miraleigh elbowed Robby in the gut repeatedly, then stomped on his foot. 

It was a technique she learnt, put one hand between your throat and the attacker's arm, so they don't cut off air circulation, then you get into a firm position, bend the knees but keep the back as straight as possible so they can't do anything and start elbowing. twisting your body slightly. elbow the stomach, the groin then stomped on the foot. His grip loosened his grip, she clenched her eyes shut and threw her head back, headbutting him. Robby groaned, fully letting go of her to clutch his nose, she kept her guard up and stared at him. 

"No one leaves 'till someone hits the mat," William called out, the fight went on for three minutes both were very skilled to not get the other one on the ground. Miraleigh blocked Robby's punch then watched as he grabbed her arm and pulled her into his chest. Preventing her from making any moves. She groaned as Robby kneed her in the stomach, twisting her arm as she tried to move back. 

"Come on! Show no mercy!" 

"Finish her!" 

"Do it, Keene!"

Robby stared into her eyes, trying to check any emotions, she didn't give him any. Making his decision so much harder, he didn't want to hurt her, knowing that he could if he really went all out and didn't want to make her feel shitty. Miraleigh wasn't giving up, she kneed him in the groin and then placed her leg behind his. Trying to trip him over but failed as he kicked her in the stomach and then kicked her legs from underneath her. Miraleigh hit the ground with a loud thud, she groaned in pain, then closed her eyes, trying to distract herself from the aching pain that filled her entire body. 

"Alright, class-" Kreese started, looking at William with a certain look as he stopped him from talking. 

"No, not yet, come on Keene. Show the girl no Mercy!" William shouted

"What is your problem? She's on the mat, we can go now!" Tory shouted, some of the others agreeing. 

"Keene, if you want to get anywhere in life, you have to lose all emotions and put all relationships aside. In the real world, your significant other won't matter and you'll need to decide if you just want to have a girlfriend or succeed in life by doing whatever means necessary. Right now, that means proving that you're a champion or a pathetic guy who was too afraid to hurt one insignificant girl." Robby looked down at Miraleigh, watched as she tried to push herself up but she just laid back down. Wanting to relax before she tried to move around, Robby gave the man a disgusted look, he helped Miraleigh up and nodded as she thanked him. 

Miraleigh stormed out, leaving all her stuff behind, she started limping once she was out of the dojo. Robby grabbed their stuff, he ran out after her and wrapped an arm around her waist as she struggled to walk. 

"I'm fine." She brushed off, not looking into his eyes, Robby placed the bags down and turned her to face him. She stared at him, a small smile on her lips and she hugged him weakly, he hugged her back. Resting his chin on the top of her head, rubbing her back soothingly. 

"Let's go home, okay?" She nodded, going home with them. For dinner, Robby took her to a nice restaurant, they had a great time and had a nice walk around the park. 

The next day, Miraleigh was walking around the school with Tory, Piper and some of the others. Miraleigh spared Sam a glance, frowning as she could clearly see Sam was talking about the group. Miraleigh texted Robby, a smile on her lips as he responded quickly. She placed her phone away, waved goodbye to the girls as she left to go to her locker. She furrowed her eyebrows as there was a letter in her locker, she picked it up, a giggle escaping her lips as it was another poem from Robby. 

"What's this letter about?" Miraleigh looked at Tory, looking at the letter and then back at Tory.

"A poem, he's been sending them to me every day since..." 

"Cute." 

"Ooooh, I like this side of you Tory, you should drop your guard more often." 

"Shut up." They both laughed and continued on with their day. Once Miraleigh got home, she made sure that Robby wouldn't enter the apartment as she hid the dress she got a little bit ago for prom. Miraleigh grinned as Robby entered the apartment, Willow ran in, jumping at Miraleigh's knee then quickly sat down.  Miraleigh kissed Robby's cheek and then walked into the kitchen. 

"What are you doing?" He questioned with a smile. 

"I"m making dinner." 

"No, sweetheart, I'll do it." She cupped his face, smiling at him and kissed his lips. 

"I can do it, you need a break." He picked her up, kissed her cheek and carried her to the couch. He placed her down and then walked to the kitchen. 

"Robby!" She whined, looking at him with a playful glare. 

"I love you." He called out, as he started grabbing what he need to make for dinner. Miraleigh smiled, walked up to Robby kissed his cheek and then started helping him. 

"I love you too." She whispered, he kissed her cheek, Miraleigh helped Robby make the meal, then cleaned the dishes. Miraleigh ignored his protests, then sat at the table with him, he grinned and held her hand. 

"How was school?" 

"Boring, same old crap every day." He chuckled, nodding and then continued eating. Miraleigh cleaned up once again, Robby stood up behind her, wrapped his arms around her waist and then leant to the side to kiss her cheek. She blushed, holding onto his hands, then laughed as Robby picked her up bridal style, she wrapped her arms around his neck. Smiling as he kissed her forehead and danced around with her in his arms. 

"What did you do, love?" 

"Think about this moment, I love holding you in my arms, dance around with you." She smiled, resting her head on his chest. He smiled, keeping her in his arms and kept a smile on his lips.