Moving in

Miraleigh arrived to the dojo, she placed her bag down and looked to see Robby punching the punching bag. He looked up at her, hearing her footsteps. He relaxed from punching the bag and tucked some of his hair behind his ear. He stepped to the side, holding his arms out towards the bag like he was presenting it. She smiled softly at him, stepping in front of it and started punching the bag. She let out her anger as she punched it, trying to calm herself down at the same time. Robby watched her, flinching a couple of times as the smack from her fist and the bag filled his ears. She stopped, took a deep breath and sighed.

"How are you?" She asked, he shrugged out of impulse but then spoke.

"Things at home aren't going well, mum ran off with some dude and won't be back for a little bit." Miraleigh nodded, smiling sadly at the boy.

"I'm sorry, Robby. That's awful." She apologised and rubbed his arm. He gave a light grin and shrugged.

"How about you?" He asked.

"I got an eviction notice this morning, I don't understand why. I've been paying everything on time and I've paid everything." His heart shattered, how did she seem okay with this?

"I'm probably going to live behind the theatre." She shrugged, he shook his head. Grabbing her hand gently, she looked at him and felt her hands shake. He hugged her tightly, resting his chin on the top of her head.

"You can stay with me, you will stay with me." She let out a sad giggle and nodded into his chest, he smiled relived and nodded.

"Robby, I can't do that to you." She whispered, he ignored her words and continued to hug her.

"I'll help you pack tonight." She smiled with a nodded and looked at him gratefully.

"You don't have too." She quietly said, smiling gently at the boy.

"Yes I do." He winked, making her blush slightly. Her cheeks turned a rosy pink, she turned away to hide it and looked up to see Daniel walking down.

"Hey guys, perfect attendance on day one." Miraleigh smiled brightly, ready for her first lesson.

"What are we learning today?" She questioned.

"You'll see, follow me." Robby followed Daniel and Miraleigh followed Robby, they watched him make a circle with sand and then listened to what he had to say.

"Now seeing as there are two of you, you'd think that it would be extra defence? Right?" Robby shrugged then shared a look with Miraleigh, they both nodded and then looked back at Daniel.

"Wrong. One of the corner stones of Miyagi do karate, is to always be moving in a circle and with the wheel technique you'll soon see two people can be as strong as twenty. Now are you ready?"

"Yes, Mr. LaRusso." Robby stated.

"Yep." Miraleigh answered.

"Alright, get in the circle." Daniel stated, they both did and stood at opposite ends.

"Face me, bow. Face each other, bow." The bowed and got into their starting stances They started and at first they were good but once they got to the wheel it just got hectic.

"You have to me in time with each other." Daniel corrected.

"This just feels like a dance." Robby complained.

"He has a point." Miraleigh agreed.

"Look guys, I promise you that once you get this it won't feel silly. Again." They nodded and got back into their positions and started again. Mr. LaRusso correcting things here and there but it just wasn't going to plan.

"How are we supposed to do this at the same time if we can't see each other?" Robby asked gesturing between Miraleigh and himself.

"You have to sense what your partner is doing, even if you can't see them."

"How are we supposed to do that." Daniel explained that he had to go and that he wanted them to start practising. Miraleigh sighed and nodded at Robby getting prepared and they started practising again. They took a quick water break, Robby watched Miraleigh gently and smiled lightly.

They got ready for the night, Robby looked around her apartment and frowned seeing everything. She felt incredibly bad for moving in with him, that he didn't get a break from her.

"Miraleigh, what stuff are you taking?" He asked as he walked into her room, seeing her packing her clothes.

"Just the stuff in my bedroom." She answered, he nodded and looked at the bedroom.

"Where do you want me to start?" He asked, she bit her lip nervously. Hoping this would be okay to ask of him.

"In the bathroom, there's a basket of my toiletries. Could you bring it in here please?" He nodded and saw the look on her face, he gave her a reassuring smile to say that it was fine. He walked to the bathroom and saw the small basket. He saw shampoo, conditioner, soap, a razor, menstrual items, toothbrush and toothpaste. He carried it to her, chuckling lightly as she didn't meet his eyes as she grabbed her menstrual items and placed them in the duffel bag.

"Miraleigh, you shouldn't be nervous about that stuff, it's apart of being a woman. I am mature enough to not be bothered by it." She looked at him and nodded, placing her things in the bag normally. He continued to help her pack up her room, she didn't have much stuff.

Miraleigh looked at the apartment one more time, not to say goodbye but to make sure she had everything she owned. Robby placed his bag down, watching her face carefully. She smiled at him, closed the door and walked off.

"Could I at least carry the bag please?" She pleaded and looked up at him.

"Nope." He said, popping the 'p' and a playful smirk on his face. She sighed and walked at his side, a small grin staying on her lips. She walked inside his apartment, placing the bag down and smiled lightly at him. 

"I know I should have spoken to you first, but I brought the stuff from the theatre to over here. I'm sorry if-" 

"Robby, shut up. It's okay, really. I promise you, I'm glad you did to be honest." He sighed in relief, picked up her bag and looked back at her. 

"I placed it in my room, that's only if you are comfortable with sleeping in the same room." She nodded smiling and giggled lightly. He watched her with puppy like eyes and tilted his head slightly as he watched her. 

"It's your place Robby, plus it doesn't bother me. It's better than nothing."  He nodded and led her to the room, placing her bag down and looked at her. They both had some pizza, having a good time and then Robby let Miraleigh do all the things she needed to do. She had a shower, got into her pyjamas and knocked on the bedroom door. Robby allowed her in, then did the same. They laid in their seperate beds, Miraleigh already felt safer not living in her apartment. 

"Robby?" She whispered quietly, hoping he hadn't already dozed off. 

"Yeah?" He gently whispered, moving his headed on his pillow and looked at the wall. But he was meant to be looking at Miraleigh, it was silent for a few moments. He could hear Miraleigh softly breathing, then heard her voice.

"I cannot thank you enough, for everything. Even when you didn't know me, you still kept me safe." She appreciated the boy so much, having him in her life was the greatest thing. She would never ask for more but him. 

"You're welcome Miraleigh, there's nothing I would rather do but help you." She blushed, burying her face in the pillow and smiled. 

"Goodnight Robby." Her sweet voice hushed. 

"Night Miraleigh." He called out, within no time the two had fallen asleep.