Sides

"Why'd you hold back?" Robby questioned, staring at Miguel cautiously, but with storming emotions as he felt this familiarity all over again. 

"I didn't get into karate to hurt people. I did it to be badass and find balance."Miguel explained, his eyes revealing his pain and his hurt. 

"Yeah, I understand that." Robby agreed, glancing at his girlfriend who looked as pale as a ghost as she clutched the wall in fear of history being repeated. 

"Last time we fought like this, uh, how come up didn't hold back?"

"I wanted to finish the fight. I mean, not like that. I just... I had tunnel vision and I got so angry that I just, I mean... I barely knew where we were. I'd take it back in a second if I could. I was the cause of the worst moment in your life. And if it's any consolation it was the worst moment in my life too."

"Yeah, I'll take it."

"So, is it over are we good?"

"No. Not yet." Miguel stated, Johnny frowned and went to talk but Miguel got in first.

"Miraleigh, I've said shitty things to you, it wasn't fair on you and I meant none of it, I know I can't take back what I said and I hurt you but, I'm sorry, I know you and Robby are perfect for each other and you deserve each other and I hope one day you can have a family, the one you want, not the shitty one you were given." The girl nodded, smiling at the boy, with tears in her eyes, she took a deep breath and stared at Johnny.

"I think we're good now."

"Oh, thank god. If you all still hated each other when the baby gets here." Miraleigh stared at Johnny in shock not expecting that surprise to be dropped so early.

"The baby? Like you and my mum?"

"Yeah, we're uh, having a baby. We were supposed to tell you together, so act surprised."

"Holy shit!"

"Dad, that's awesome." The two boys hugged Johnny, Miraleigh stood to the side, letting them have their moment and smiled at Robby as he pulled her into the hug as well. Miraleigh felt weird about coming to dinner with them, the only connection she had was with Robby and to her, it didn't feel right to be invading their dinner. But, they all convinced her to come, so she sat next to Robby munching on the breadstick which was her first go-to item.

"Wow, you were kidding about these breadsticks, dad." Robby chuckled, smiling at his girlfriend's appearance, teasing her for her stuffed cheeks as a chipmunk would eat. 

"I wouldn't lie to you. Three times on the same day." The three laughed at the words, then turned to the door as Carmen came through the door. 

"Hi, mum"

"Hi, Ms Diaz." Robby smiled, Miraleigh waved because her mouth was filled with food and she didn't want to be rude.

"I hope it's cool, I'm here."

"It's very cool. You're welcome here anytime Robby, you to Miraleigh, It's good to see you again."

"Thank you, same to you." She replied back, Miraleigh stole one of Robby's breadsticks, sticking her tongue out at his mock hurt expression. Miraleigh broke the bread in half, handing one half to him and smiling proudly at him for his comment. 

"Are we in the Hunger Games now, you're Peeta and I'm Katniss, all cold and closed off at the start, while you're the loveable sweetheart?" Miraleigh shrugged, giggling slightly and ate the bread as they talked with Miguel. As the next day came, Robby worked on fixing the door, and Miraleigh awkwardly helped Johnny with parenting stuff, teaching him how to properly swaddle a baby, rather than using a beer carton. She knew more about helping, knew more about the feminine parental side and it ended up being a lesson for both Robby and Johnny. 

Miraleigh laid on the floor of the bedroom, just staring at the ceiling, her hands resting on her stomach and gently swaying her head from side to side as she thought of random things. Robby walked into the bedroom, staring at his girlfriend curiously as he watched her for a few seconds before lying down next to her. 

"What are you thinking?" He whispered, grabbing her hand, she shrugged slightly and stared at him in admiration. Taking in his appearance, she did the same thing back, Miraleigh took a breath and shook her head, not wanting to say what was on her mind. 

Robby waited patiently, knowing it would come eventually and that all he'd have to do is wait for her to continue talking about whatever was on her mind. 

"I'm a little envious of everyone. It might just be the period, and I don't want you to feel bad because this is great for you. But I want someone in my family to try for me, I want a family and parents that want to look after me and care for me but everyone in my family is shitty and I can't have that. Just watching Johnny look after you, Carmen look after Miguel, your mum. I'm jealous of it and it's not right of me but that feeling is just there and I can't help it." Robby sat up and helped the girl sit up and grabbed her hands. 

"Darling, you have every right to feel like this, you have every right to feel jealous and want a family. You were given a shit family, sweetheart, talk to me and don't feel scared to talk to me about this. I won't judge you, I'm here for you sweetheart and I'll do my best to help you manage and deal with everything. I'm here for you sweetheart, I promise you, I love you and I want to help you through your pain and your difficulties."

Miraleigh grinned at him nodding gently, feeling silly for trying to avoid talking about it. Robby smiled at her, he pulled her in into his lap. Kissing her cheek, caressing her cheek and fiddling with her hands.

As the next day came and went, Miraleigh and Robby were spoken to about what happened to Daniel and what they planned to do for the man. Miraleigh was a little reluctant, she wanted to be done and wanted to say no but felt bad for wanting to say it and so she pressured herself into saying yes. Robby knew this, yet vowed to her that if things got out of hand, they'd stop and they'd be finished for good. He would not let that happen again, he would not push her away again. 

"I cannot fail these kids again." 

"You didn't fail me," Robby stated, gaining the man's attention, Miraleigh stood next to him while Sam stood next to her, they hadn't spoken but had explained through Johnny about what was happening. 

"Sam and my dad told me what was going on. You know, when you first met me, I was a messed up kid. But you gave me a job and a home, a chance with Miraleigh and a purpose. You can't just give up." 

"Robby, the things I did, juvie I was- I was just trying to help you." 

"No, I'm sorry. I should've listened to you about Cobra Kai. I should've listened to Miraleigh. But I didn't understand until I started mentoring someone myself until realised what I was doing to my relationship with Miraleigh. Now Silver's got a hold of this kid. There are some others in there I care about too, and uh we need to stop Cobra Kai but we can't do it without you. Sensei." 

"Dad, not everyone has someone like you to protect them and teach them. It's time that all of us join this fight." Miraleigh didn't have any speech planned for him, in her mind, she didn't owe him anything and he didn't deserve any heartfelt thing from her after what he put her through. Robby agreed with her and part of him felt he shouldn't have to do it either, but he did and knew that it would be easier coming from him than Miraleigh who was still hurting. 

"All of us?" Daniel questioned. The three teens walked to the others, got in line and nodded. 

"What do you say, dad, will you fight?" They bowed to their senseis, smiling as they bowed back and got ready for the fight.