Invite

Descriptions of physical abuse, though very mild. 

Miraleigh had kept the clothes she had gotten from the boy, they were comfy and warm. She had the beanie on her head, her hands buried in her pockets of her own jacket and some jeans on. She was walking down the streets, it was early in the morning and she was in search of a job. There was a bar on the other side of the street, she watched her dad walk out with a some woman in his arms. Miraleigh rolled my eyes, glaring at him and continued walking. A yelp escaped her lips as she was thrown against the wall and watched her attacker in fear. She gulped seeing her father, she clenched her eyes shut and whimpered

"What are you doing here!" He yelled, she whimpered and slowly opened my eyes to look at him.

"Please, dad. Just go back to your date." She whispered to him, he slapped her face harshly and gritted his teeth.

"I know you got fired, I'm not proud about that."

"Dad, please." She begged quietly, he chuckled evilly and shoved her into the wall and walked away. She slid down to the ground, tears in her eyes and took a shaky breath. Her head was hurting and wiped her tears away. 

She felt someone help her up, She froze trying to see their face but they had their hood covering any distinguishing features. They waited for a moment, as if they were scanning her face and they then fixed the beanie on her head and ran off. She stood in her spot stunned, who the fuck was that? She watched as they slowed down and start to walk, their hoodie falling off their head. Revealing the back of their head and as they turned around the corner part of their face. Miraleigh continued walking down the street, her head down and being cautious of everyone else. She watched a car pull up and then Samantha stepped out, she looked at her confused and gave a small polite smile. 

"Miraleigh, I know the girls I hang out with aren't nice. But I want to make it up to you, I wanted to invite you over for dinner. Maybe also give you a lift to school?" Miraleigh didn't want to be rude, but nodded slightly. 

"Cool!" She exclaimed, she chuckled lightly and smiled at the Sam. They both got in the back, her parents in the front. 

"Miraleigh, this is my dad and mum. Daniel and Amanda" Samantha introduced, Miraleigh raised her hand to say hi and swallowed a lump in her throat. 

"It's nice to meet you both." She politely said, they both smiled at Miraleigh and Daniel started driving. 

"It's nice to meet you too." Amanda said and Miraleigh suddenly felt very awkward. They arrived at school, Miraleigh thanked Sam's parents and then Samantha. She went through the school day, then went straight from school to the LaRusso residence. Their house was massive! Miraleigh grinned shocked as she was shown around, the two girls sat in Sam's room. Getting to know one another, Miraleigh still wasn't sure about the girl, she didn't know if Sam was trying to get something from Miraleigh so she ended up getting hurt again.

"So, any activities that you do?" She asked, Miraleigh thought for a moment and then spoke. 

"Does reading and listening to music count?" She asked then burst into giggles and Sam followed Miraleigh's actions. 

"I would say so." She smiled and I smiled back. 

"What about you?" Miraleigh asked curiously, Sam grinned and held a pillow in her hands and fiddled with the tag.

"I don't really know, I mean I have things. But hanging out with them, I couldn't do everything I like to do." She explained, Miraleigh listened to what she had to say and sighed with a nod. 

"I get it, I always think being popular is a nice feeling. But then, if you don't mind me saying, I think in a situation like yours you don't get much say. It's pretty much seen but not heard, Sam I think you are really nice and caring but I don't think you should be hanging out with the people you do." Miraleigh explained, speaking her mind and then grimaced realising how open minded she spoke.