New member

Miraleigh woke up, she was confused for a moment and then sat up rubbing her face. She looked around the room, noticed it was day time from the lighting in the room and wondered how long she had slept for. A yawn escaped her lips, she plopped back down and stared at the ceiling. She took some deep breaths, closing her eyes for a moment and then opened them. She didn't feel great, but she didn't feel the way she did when she broke down yesterday. She felt a tiny bit better, she stood up and walked down the stairs. She saw Amanda cooking and smiled politely, Amanda noticed the girl and gave her a motherly smile. 

"How are you feeling?" She asked gently, Miraleigh smiled and sat at the counter. 

"I'm alright, thank you." Amanda nodded, putting some food on the plate and then in front of the girl. 

"Daniel, Sam and Robby are at the dojo. They figured it would be best to give you some time." Miraleigh nodded, taking small bites of the meal Amanda had made. 

"This is going to sound really stupid, but what day is it?" Amanda nodded, understanding where the girl was coming from and spoke. 

"You've only been sleeping since yesterday." Miraleigh was surprised, it felt like she had been sleeping for more than that. 

"Miraleigh, do you want to talk about what had happened?" She asked, the girl thought for a moment. She placed the fork down and nodded slightly. 

"Yesterday, I found out I have a half brother. He knew who I was, knew my name and everything. Nora, my mother, she loved him and she wanted him. She treats him like he's the best thing in the world, she wanted him and not me." She repeated, trying not to cry. Amanda walked over to the girl, embracing her like a mother would. 

"It will be okay, you have us. We're your family." Amanda gently said to her, she smiled and looked at the girl with sad eyes. She smiled gently, shaking her head and sniffled. 

"Thank you." She whispered, Amanda nodded and stood up to let the girl do her own thing. Miraleigh heard footsteps and turned her head to see Robby. He rushed over to her, embracing her tightly. She let out a shocked sound, but wrapped her arms around him and smiled happily. He rubbed her back and rested his chin on her head, she always felt safe in his arms and continued to hug him. 

He pulled away, sitting at the counter and looked at her. He watched her eyes, they didn't have any sadness in them and had more light in them. 

"We have a new member in the dojo." He explained, she smiled and found it amazing to hear. 

"That's great!" He nodded and held her hand, she gently smiled at him and grinned at him. The two walked out of the house, Robby and the girl were holding hands. Subconsciously doing it, he looked at her with a smile and she blushed slightly. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" He gently asked, she nodded and smile sadly. She took a deep breath and spoke to him. 

"I found out I have a half brother, I found out yesterday and that my mother treats him much better than she ever did to me. As well as she loves him and wants him as her child and that she never wanted me." He hugged her close to his chest, she smiled and looked at him. 

"I'm okay Robby." She gently said shrugged. He sighed and tucked some hair behind her ear. She  blushed, watching him with her doe like eyes and bit her lip. 

"Thank you, for checking on me yesterday." He nodded, a bright smile on his lips and looked up at the sky. Robby looked at her arm, seeing the mark and shook his eyes disgusted that he used to be friends with Cruz and Trey. 

"Miraleigh... I'm so sorry." He gently said, she looked at her arm. Gently tracing over the scar, she placed her arm down at her side. Robby gently grabbed her injured arm, looking at her as if he was asking permission. She nodded, even though she knew he would never hurt her she still watched cautiously. 

 He gently touched the scar, frowning as she hissed in pain. He apologised immediately and then traced over the mark. Her lips curved into a smile, he gently let go of her arm and continued walking at her side. 

"So, you can't swim?" He asked, she snorted but nodded and let a giggle escape her lips. 

"I'm not the best, that's for sure. I didn't really get taught, but I know probably enough to keep my head above water. But yesterday-" 

"You don't need to explain yourself." She nodded, bit the inside of her cheek and sighed.

"What's the new students name?" She asked, he smiled and nodded.

"The kid you told me was annoying." She furrowed her eyebrows for a moment, not recalling who he was talking about and then nodded. 

"Demetri?" He nodded and laughed at the face she tried to hide. She rested her head on his shoulder, grinning as he wrapped an arm around her waist and sighed. 

"Maybe he won't be too bad." She said hopefully, Robby nodded and chuckled. There was a park nearby and no children were there. Miraleigh sat on one of the swings, a small smile on her lips and then squeaked slightly as Robby gently pushed her. Her cheeks became a light shade of pink and he noticed the sky turning grey. He grabbed the chains holding the swing up and stopped it. He watched a rain drop hit her nose and chuckled seeing her scrunch her nose up. 

She turned her head, looked at him and gave him a light smile. He smiled back at then felt himself leaning in, as did Miraleigh. Their minds both screaming at them, before their lips could meet, the rain started to bucket down on them. They both jumped back, gasping as they were drenched in water. Giggles escaped her lips, Robby watched with a dreamy look in his eyes. He grabbed her hand and started running to the house.

They laughed as they made it to shelter, Miraleigh fixed up the hair that was sticking to her face and then fixed up Robby's. Her eyes widened and she bit her lip nervously, he chuckled and shook his head.

"It's all good." He gently whispered, she smiled and felt herself feeling all giddy inside. They quickly walked back inside, going off to the seperate rooms to change and dry off. Miraleigh gathered some clothes, walked to the bathroom and had a quick warm shower. She walked out, in her new clothes and hugged herself to stay warm. She grabbed a book from her bed, walked down to the couch and cuddled up as she started to read. 

Robby was watching her movements, her eyes darting across the pages and her eyebrows furrowing as she read whatever was happening in her book. She turned the page eagerly, awaiting what was to happen next. She swiftly placed the bookmark in her page and huffed as she closed the book and had the desire to throw it across the room. A chuckle escaped Robby's lips, her head shot up, looking at the boy and whined glancing back at the book. 

"Did anyone die?" He asked sitting next to her, grabbing the book and held it like it like it was fragile. 

"I suppose so... you're gonna think I'm mad." He shook his head, truely wanting to hear what she had to say. 

"Well, in a way it was predictable but at the same time it wasn't. In the last book I thought a character had died, but noooo they were alive all this time and then they just got killed by an asshole." Robby nodded, reading over the blurb and looked back at the book loving girl. 

"Was this character that died a favourite?" He asked, she shook her head and sighed. 

"They weren't a shitty one, but they are one I can easily get over. I think it's more of the fact that right before he died, he was going to say the truth to two characters that are being manipulated and lied too." She explained, Robby gave a lopsided smile and felt his cheeks going pink as he listened to her giggle which sounded adorable to his ears.