Adopt

Barnes was explaining what was happening with the search process so far, they were getting closer but still didn't know much of what was happening. Miraleigh was looking forward to the closure, looking forward to getting closer to knowing why Mike lost his business and how the fire was caused in the first place. 

Miraleigh felt bad for him, a chain of effects happened to the man, he didn't deserve that and this man was like Robby. He had a shitty childhood but he found himself and she hoped the same could be said about Robby once he got to adulthood. 

The brunette girl thanked Barnes for the ride and the help he gave to the two teens today. Miraleigh and Robby stood side by side, thinking about what they did and how that could reflect on the two of them. 

"You know what's going to happen, yeah?" Robby questioned, Miraleigh frowned and turned to him, nodding with a tiny smile forming as she tried to keep her spirits up and focus on the better parts that surrounded the situation. 

"We're gonna have another battle, it'll happen one way or another and we're all screwed no matter who wins or loses. Something bad will happen and it's gonna blow up in our faces. It's how it goes now but the light is around the corner and we'll be fine in the end. Even if all the crappy stuff hurts like a motherfucker." 

"I hate that your right because I can't see you suffer anymore, we can hide if a fight takes place and we don't have to worry about getting hurt." 

"I wish we could, but you know that neither of us can do that." He chuckled and nodded with a sigh frowning slightly.

Miraleigh smiled softly, Robby smiled back and grabbed her hands. He kissed her lips, holding onto her and walked inside with her. The two brunettes rested on the bed, talking about what they knew and what they needed to focus on later. 

The night came quickly, Robby and Miraleigh mainly watched movies and ate food throughout their time. They didn't really need to focus on anything else right now, before the storm came it would just be the two of them, enjoying each other's time and company. 

"I have a question for you," Robby whispered to the girl, pulling her onto his lap and brushing some hair away from her eyes so he could clearly look into them. 

"Yeah?" Robby looked down for a second, and the girl took a deep breath, waiting for the boy to respond to her response. 

"Are you happy here? I mean living here with Johnny and me." Miraleigh stared at him in confusion, not understanding where this was coming from. 

"Of course I am, I get to spend all my time with you, you're my life. I wouldn't want it any other way." The words flattered him, the girl smiled happily at him and pecked his lips, humming as he brought her closer to his chest but the sweet passion was short-lived. 

"I love you." He whispered into her ear, rubbing her back and wrapped his arms around her as she clung to him. Robby took a shaky breath, wrapping his arms further around her as he looked for a way to comfort himself and not wanting to let her go. Miraleigh gripped his shirt, whispering soothing words of comfort as feeling him become tenser with his emotions. 

"I love you too." She whispered back. 

"Sweetheart, while that's gorgeous, it's not exactly what I mean." Miraleigh's confusion only grew, Robby cupped one side of her face in his hand, and she leaned into his touch and smiled softly at him. 

"If you could live with someone that took you in and they were nice a good parental figure, would you want it?" Robby saw the wheels running in her head, he gave her a reassuring smile to tell her that it was fine. 

"It would be nice, but that's only if I still get to see you as much as I do now, Robby... you're all I know and I cherish what you and I have and I wouldn't be able to just stop being with you 24/7. Because I'm not used to being by myself and I hate being by myself. You're the love of myself... I don't want to be without you. What's brought this up?" He rested a hand on her face, smiling softly at the girl and kissed her lips before he thought about responding. 

"If I could, I want to give you a life that's yours and a family that cares for you. Miraleigh, I love you and I can see how much it kills you whenever a family situation is happening. I hate seeing you in pain and seeing you this way hurts so much that I physically cannot help you with the problems I know you want help with. I want to look after you, sweetheart, you're my girl and I want you to be happy.

Furrowing her brows, the girl shrugged but continued to hug the boy, she chuckled at his sweet and loving words and brought him into her arms. Miraleigh ran her fingers through his hair, twirling some strands and kissed his forehead. 

"Robby, you do enough for me, you're all I need. You comfort me, you care for me and you look after me. Please, don't worry about not being able to solve all my problems. I have you, I don't need much else besides you. You don't need to solve all my problems, I love you, Robby, you're my light in the darkness. You just loving me is enough." 

The boy buried his face in her chest, she continued to fiddle with his hair and then rested his head in her lap to stare up at her. 

"Miraleigh, you're so brave, I love you and I wish I could see the world the way you did. You have such a wise aspect of life. I need that." Robby sat up, he kissed her lips and smiled as she fiddled with the ring she gave him. He never took it off, it always stayed on him and if he couldn't wear it on his hands, it would always be on a chain around his neck. 

The two just sat in silence, Robby laid his head in her lap, smiling as Miraleigh ran her fingers through his hair. Miraleigh chuckled as Robby relaxed under her touch, he grabbed her hands and kissed both before holding them by his face. The girl lay next to him, lying on her side to face him and hummed softly as the boy traced patterns on her skin and hummed his song to her.