The new dojo

They both got a trophy, Robby second place and Miraleigh third place. She sat in the back of the car, listening to the two men talk. She had a headache from today's events, she hoped her father would be far away from her and she would still be safe. They both had a sling on, Miraleigh has one more designed for her wrist and a brace on as well. Robby had one for his shoulder and they were both given painkillers for the pain. Robby was watching her in the reflection of his window, her eyes lighting up magically and beautifully. Her cheeks a light shade of pink and a tiny yet soft smile on her lips. She looked beautiful, he smiled to himself and looked at the trophy in his hand. He turned to Miraleigh, causing her to look at him with a gentle smile. 

"How are you feeling?" She asked, his insides melted and nodded at her with a twinkle in his eye and a soft smile. 

"I'm okay, how about you?" He softly asked, she nodded and smiled.

"I'm glad and I'm okay too." She whispered, he smiled and turned back around watching her close her eyes and eventually fall asleep. 

"I came so close." Robby stated, disappointed in himself. 

"Yeah, well, you fought with honour and he didn't. So no matter what that trophy says, you're the real winner. You should be proud of yourself, you both should be." Robby nodded and then smiled shaking his head. 

"She's asleep." He informed, Daniel nodded with a chuckle and glanced back at Robby. 

"I know I am proud of you." Daniel stated, Robby smiled to himself and continued to watch Daniel. 

"Thanks, I'm sure my dad's happy too. Now Cobra Kai's gonna take over karate in the valley." 

"Yeah, right. Over my dead body." 

"Wait, where are we going?" Robby asked, confused. Daniel didn't answer and just kept driving until they reached their destination. Robby got out of the car and opened Miraleigh's door, he smiled at her sleeping form and gently shook Miraleigh awake. He smiled as she took a couple of moments to register everything before getting out. He closed the door for her, following close to her side.

"Whose cars are these?" Robby asked as he pointed to them. 

"Don't worry about them." Daniel smiled and continued getting the two to follow him. 

"Is this where you bury your bodies or something?" Robby chuckled, Miraleigh hid a giggle and smiled at him gently. His entire face brightened up seeing her smile and he smiled back at her. 

"I know I said you have too, let go of your anger and show forgiveness. But when the fight comes to you, you have to be ready to fight back. And to do that, we'll need more students." He switched on some lights, the entire backyard lighting up and showing a beautiful setting. 

"Welcome to Miyagi Do karate." Miraleigh smiled glancing around at the place, it looked stunning. 

"When will we start?" Miraleigh asked eagerly, Daniel chuckled liking her enthusiasm. 

"As soon as possible." The two teens nodded at each other, with wide grins and happy smiles. Daniel looked at the two, deciding to give them some space and walked to the cars. Miraleigh sat down on the wooden deck, watching Robby do the same. 

"Was he really there?" She quietly asked, Robby sadly nodded and furrowed his eyebrows confused seeing her sigh in relief. 

"Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy." She whispered, he shook his head and grabbed her non injured hand in his and shook his head. 

"You're not going crazy, I promise you." He reassured, she nodded with a faint smile and sighed. She was going through the phase of thinking what she could've done to make things different. Robby gently brought her into his side and gently rubbed her furthest arm. 

"You did wonderful out there, I wish I was as smart as you." She looked at him confused, not getting what he meant. 

"Thank you, but what do you mean?" She asked, tilting her head to the side like a puppy. 

"You know how you never turned your back on your opponent? How you always kept your eye on them, I wish I was that smart." She smiled softly and shrugged slightly. 

"I wish I fought through my pain, maybe things would have been different." He shook his head, not wanting her to think like that. 

"You did what you had to do, Miraleigh you injured your wrist." He tried to reassure, she sighed but nodded and he gave a victory smile. Knowing he had won, she giggled and shook her head. 

"How is your shoulder?" She asked.

"It hurts but it will be fine, your wrist?" 

"It hurts too but it is annoying because doing normal tasks has become harder seeing as this is my dominant hand." She explained, he nodded wishing he could do more to help her feel better. 

 Miraleigh and Robby got back to their seperate places. Miraleigh locking every inch of the house up just in case her father was truely free. She smiled seeing a text from Robby and texted with him until she fell asleep. It was late, she was sore and tired. She just wanted to sleep until her wrist was healed, she woke up early in the morning and got up to make herself some breakfast. 

She ate at the counter, ignoring any of the disgusting details the kitchen had that she could not change. She looked at her wrist, seeing it sit in the sling. It was a lot harder to do things, seeing as that was her more dominant hand which was her right hand. She looked at the punching bag she made and sighed shaking her head. She grabbed her bag, walking out of the place to go and tell work she needs to take some days off. She was so relieved they understood, as well as that they were pretty calm about it. 

Miraleigh made her way to the park, she smiled seeing everyone enjoying their time. Kids laughing and running around, couples having picnics, elderly married couples holding hands as they walked around. She sat down on a park bench, watching the trees move in the wind and the clouds move in the sky. It was peaceful, relaxing and kinda helped her clear her mind. But that would all change within a matter of minutes. Miraleigh's nose twitched at the smell of smoke, she figured someone was walking by and smoking.

"What a time to be alive in." Miraleigh recognised the voice, but couldn't place her finger on it. 

"Indeed it is." Miraleigh quietly said, she could see a puff of smoke from the corner of her eye. She was worried he was some stranger, trying to make conversation. She closed her eyes for a moment, taking a shaky breath as she opened her eyes and held her held her breath as she turned around to look at the man. 

"Grandpa?" She asked confused, he smirked and gave a slight nod. 

"In the flesh, keeping up with your family when they think you are dead is challenging. You can always improve in karate." He started, placing the cigar to his lips and a puff came out of his mouth. She stood up, facing him and watched him standing behind the bench.

"They discovered your weakness, that will always make you the weakling in a fight." She bit her lip, looking at him with a questioning look. 

"What is my weakness then?" She asked. 

"Your father." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She looked back at her grandfather, shaking her head. 

"Your son." She stated, her grandfather nodded. A smirk on his lips, she continued to watch him carefully.

"Miraleigh, I'm gonna give you an important life lesson." He started, waving his hands about. 

"Strike first, strike hard, show no mercy."