The Stillness

The judges looked at her confused like she was crazy and out of her mind. They asked her to repeat herself, trying to remain quiet as the room went silent, trying to figure out what was going on between them all. Miraleigh was still crying, she looked at them with annoyance and plastered on a smile.

"I quit, I give up, I don't want the win." The girl ran out of the room, sobbing and could hear the murmurs of confusion as the audience tried to figure out what was going on. Miraleigh ran to the changing rooms, closed the door and dropped to her knees. A loud sob escaped her lips, she hugged herself, rocking back and forth in her spot.

Robby stood in his spot, the room had fallen silent again, he stared at the exit Miraleigh went through. Hoping to see her come back but she didn't, the commentator walked to the judges, getting them to tell him what was going on. He stood in the middle of the mats, a worrisome look on his face.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I regret to inform you that Miss. Miraleigh Johnson has forfeited her win, making Kaylee Stevens the winner." Robby ran out of the room, ignoring everyone and searching for the girl. If anyone told him not to look for her, he'd just ignore them and continue looking. He needs to find her, go make sure that she's okay and hope that he could get through to her.

Miraleigh had grabbed a towel, placed it on the ground, sat on the towel and felt the water from the shower hit her skin. She stared at the wall, lost in thought, tears running down her cheeks as she poured all her emotions out. The girl sat on the ground, looking empty and like she wasn't there.

(Play this please, I think it goes well with what comes next. I tried to time the writing down below with the song, I'm hoping you all see that when reading this and hopefully have matched in a way with the words of the song.)

Miraleigh closed her eyes as she thought about how much she's screwed up because she was angry with Robby and deep down angry with herself. All the rage, all the emotions had been bottling up for a long time, most likely since last year. Last year when she made her own ways of living to keep herself safe. Robby kept popping into her head, she couldn't help but let out a sad chuckle as she thought about the first time they properly met and remembered that she instantly knew that Robby would be a part of her life for a fair amount of time.

She never thought Robby would be the reason she was hurting, the reason for her tears. She was so in love with him that it hurt, she hated herself for feeling this hurt, hated how she needed Robby to get by in life. He was her life support, her reason to live. She hated so many things at the moment, feeling guilty for hating all these things which made her more emotional. Before this mess happened, she loved how Robby treated her, she loves how gentle and caring he was with her. How he worried and hovered while at the same time worried and letting her deal with whatever was going on. He was her saviour, her key to start living life and finally feel. She felt like she was drowning before she met Robby, then when he came, it was like coming up for fresh air and he saved her.

"Miraleigh?" Robby questioned, poking his head through the door of the bathroom, he could hear the water that was running, he entered the room and closed the door behind him. Miraleigh shouldn't have to live like this, he shouldn't have forced her to become like this. Robby made his way to her, saw the girl sitting on the ground, water drenching her as she stayed in her emotional state. He could see the ghostly look in her eyes, the look that stared blankly at him, he crouched down and hated how he always seemed to be the reason why she was in this position. Hurting, crying, unhappily living life and changing herself because he wouldn't let her in.

Miraleigh didn't move, she just stared at him, Robby slowly moved closer to the girl and remembered the last time they did this. It was when Robby just got out of prison when they stayed at the motel, the girl had a nightmare and after he got through to her, he remembers the gentleness and softness, she had in her moves. He sat with her under the running water, he didn't turn it off, knowing that she needed it at the moment and that it was helping.

Robby let his own tears fall from his eyes, he looked down as Miraleigh crawled to hug him, sobbing and clenching onto his gi. He wrapped his arms around her, crying with the girl, he held her tighter as she spoke.

"I hate you so much, I hate that I can't hate you. Hating you is exhausting, I want to hate you but I can't, I can't let myself hate you as bad as I want to. Because I need you, Robby, I need you so bad that I hate myself for needing you. I'm so broken, I'm falling to pieces, hating the fact that you've treated me so poorly and I can't bring myself to hate you."

Miraleigh admitted, not meeting his eyes, continuing to stare at the wall across from her, not really knowing what she should feel towards the boy. Especially when she was hurting this bad, Robby nodded, feeling the girl move closer to him for whatever reason.

"You hurt me, I never thought you'd be the one to hurt me." Her voice broke, she had stopped crying, yet she didn't feel anything and was losing the personality she showed. Robby didn't know what to say, he knew apologising would do nothing and that he'd probably ruined his relationship with her forever.

He let out a whimper, hearing her words, he was slowly breaking down as she spoke. He nodded, his chin on her head, letting her know he was listening and did care.

"I'm leaving Cobra Kai, I'm never having anything to do with that place again. I quit, I'm done with the pain and done with losing myself to someone else. I'm not me anymore." Miraleigh stayed still for a little while, she just stared hopelessly off into the distance and didn't have anything going through her head. The girl turned the water off, shivering as soon as she did, she pushed herself out of Robby's arms and made her way to her bag. Her hands shook as she clutched another towel, Miraleigh had another wave of tears roll from her eyes, she sat on the bench and stared at her lap. Shaking her head, letting out whimpers and sobs.

Robby watched as she cried once more, the girl's body shook as she let out sobs and whimpered as she took quick breaths as sobs escaped her lips. Robby jumped back in fright as Miraleigh threw her water bottle at the lockers, letting out a frustrated scream, he watched as she pulled at her hair and muttered to herself.

"Miraleigh," Robby whispered, wanting to comfort her but didn't want to break her even more. The girl dried off with a towel, removed her clothes, then threw her gi in the bin and got into her normal clothes. Robby slowly walked closer to her, she looked away from him and shook her head as her lip quivered.

"You broke me, you put too much trust in those old bastards and look what it's done to you. I'm tired of this, you're not my Robby, you're not him anymore and I'm not me anymore. I'm done with the pain." Miraleigh grabbed her bag, going to walk out of the room but Robby stopped her.

"Wait for me, please."

"Okay." She whispered, walking out of the room and waiting in the hall for Robby. He came back five minutes later, dressed in his own attire, she stared at him her face void of emotions. Robby placed his bag down, took her hands and showed her his knuckles. Miraleigh wanted to not care but it wasn't who she was, she stared at the scars and then looked into his eyes. She bit her lip, shaking her head and rested her head on his chest.

"I hate you." She whispered, it wasn't like before, it was close to being gentle but not quite there. He nodded, closing his eyes as the girl stepped back and stared at him.

"I was an asshole to you. A big fat asshole, If you still love me, I don't understand how you still do after what I did to you. I know that saying sorry won't do anything, so I'm not going to say sorry. I hurt you, I treated you like shit and I don't deserve you anymore. You deserve someone who won't hurt you and will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. William used you against me, I want you to know that you're aren't the reason I'm angry and I never will be when I'm with you. He got into my head, this is not your fault, this is mine and you need to know that you aren't the reason for my pain and whatever else he told you. I am to blame."