˗ˋ 54

CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY WORRY

. . .

The twins and Elodie walked slowly back to the castle, Fred and George taking turns to explain to the French champion about the circumstances of their blackmail. 

The letter was being sent to Ludo Bagman, who the twins had bet with on the outcome of the Quidditch World Cup. However, it seemed that when Fred and George won the bet, he had given them Leprechaun Gold. They had been asking him somewhat nicely about it all year, but he had turned 'nasty' and told the twins that they were too young to be gambling - they wouldn't get anything from him.

"The cheek of it! We've just turned seventeen - we're adults." Fred exclaimed, Elodie patting him consolingly on the shoulder as George continued on.

"So we've began sending him letters, we were pestering him for a bit at the Yule Ball but that's when he told us we were too young. He's ignoring all our other letters, so we're hoping the one we just seny will get him paying us." George explained.

"What exactly are you blackmailing him with?" Elodie asked, as they walked into the school. They began to walk towards the Entrance Hall, so that they could make their way down to the kitchen to get the brioche that Fred had promised. 

It was strange being in the school whilst it was so empty. Nobody was up at this time - excluding Ron, Hermione and Harry who they had bumped into in the Owlery. None of the teachers, absolutely nobody, and Elodie was reminded of that night she went for a walk right at the beginning of her stay at Hogwarts, the one which she had bumped into Fred on. 

"Well, we don't really have anything. Other than the fact that Lee told us all about his previous debts, because the prick swindled his father out of money. So I wrote that we might let the Ministry know if he doesn't pay up." Fred told her with a shrug. 

"Which could be blackmail." George interjected, and Elodie looked thoughtful. 

"I suppose it is.. But if you worded it right then it could've sounded more heartfelt and you could've played it off as trying to help him." Elodie mused, and Fred and George stared at her.

"I knew we should've told her sooner!" Fred exclaimed, making one of the portraits grumble - his loud words had woken the inhabitants up from their sleep. "Oh well, it's gone now. Let's hope that he actually gives us money and not Leprechaun gold again, otherwise I think we'll actually have to write to the Ministry."

"I'll write it for you." Ellie replied, as they descended down the stairs to the kitchen. 

"If he reports us for blackmail, you're so dead Fred." George said, reaching out and tickling the pear on the painting of all the fruit. "Don't suppose you have a way to get us out of that one?" He looked at Elodie as the painting swung open, and they stepped inside the kitchen, bombarded by the noise of the house-elves cooking. 

"I suppose your only arguement there could be that it was worded wrong? If I write the letter and you copy it down seperately, I guess you could say that you sent the wrong one by accident. That would mean you will still trying to blackmail him.." Elodie replied, as a house-elf scuttled over.

"Mr Weasleys! And Miss Beaumont!" It squeaked, thee female champion smiling down at the house-elf, noticing that it was wearing a rather colourful jumper and shorts combination, a pair of mismatched socks on it's feet. 

"Dobby, how wonderful to see you. We came in earlier but didn't see you!" Fred said with enthusiasm. 

"Dobby was with Winky, Mr Weasley - she's still not doing very well. Dobby should go check on her." The house-elf exclaimed, before disappearing with a click. 

"Odd fellow - calls us properly but calls Ron 'Wheezy'." George commented, the both of them pulling Elodie over to a table and sitting her down at it, another house-elf running and placing a long loaf of brioche on plate in front of them, along with an assortment of jams and some butter. 

The three of them tucked in, barely saying anything to each other as they ate. All of them busy with their own thoughts - George worried about being accused of blackmail, Elodie wondering whether or not she could get them out of being accused of blackmail, and Fred finding out that the girl he liked had this whole other side to her which he had only seem glimpses of before.

In other words, realising Elodie Beaumont was, in fact, perfect for him.

✧ 

a/n
i'm super bad
with remember to celebrate
birthdays in these
books so um yeah i usually
just ignore them yk