˗ˋ 77

CHAPTER SEVENTY-SEVEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH DAYS PASS

. . .

The younger inhabitants of Grimmauld Place made their way up to their rooms not long after the ending of dinner, Fred and George hurrying to make sure that the spare bed in their room was ready for Elodie to sleep in for her remaining time at the house.

They took the time to tell her about what she had missed since Harry had arrived at the house - including everything that was mentioned in the discussion about Voldemort that had happened when Harry first arrived. There wasn't much else interesting, other than that Harry had gotten through his trial fine with Dumbledore's help. 

She was also brought up to speed with the business, all new products they had made and just where they had gotten their money from - Harry Potter was apparently a rather generous boy and donated his winnings to give the twins their start up.

Of course, there had been ups and downs with Weasley Wizard Wheezes (which was an absolutely brilliant name). Most of them were to do with puking pastilles being too violent for them to swallow the cure, and that Mrs Weasley didn't seem to be pleased with the copious amounts of products that Fred and George had come up with. 

Elodie thought they were rather ingenious and bound to be heading for best sellers when it came to selling the products at Hogwarts. But it was all kept quiet from now on at Grimmauld Place, even if she was now roped into sloping off and helping them create and test them.

Which is what she had been doing, amongst the cleaning up she was now a part of. For the first week of her stay at the former home to the Black family, Elodie had joined the twins, Hermione, Harry, Ron and Ginny in cleaning up the place.

She had never seen so many doxies ( or any really, considering the incredibly clean state of the Beaumont manor ), but helped Fred and George smuggle them from curtains up to the room, as well as a multitude of other household pests that were unlike anything she had ever seen.

Fred seemed particularily happy to have her there, George having let her know that he was rather gloomy before she had arrived - the uncertainty of her finishing her education at Hogwarts really hadn't helped that either. But now that she had arrived his mood had tilted upwards on the positive side. 

Which Elodie was rather glad about. It had hit her once or twice during the holidays that perhaps Fred wouldn't feel the same when it came to seeing her again. It was said that distance makes the heart grow fonder, but there is always the chance that it would be the opposite - which was what Ellie was worried about.

But she never needed to be, of course Fred was the exact same as she left him, and his bad mood only proved it further. So, a little anxious to make a good impression on those around them, Elodie hadn't complained when it came to the cleaning up of the rooms within 12 Grimmauld Place.

Truth be told, the Beaumont girl had the privilege to be able to say that she had never really cleaned. She came from a rich family, and Célia Beaumont had always ensured that the place was spotless by hiring quite the team of staff.

Really, the only time where Elodie had ever 'gotten her hands dirty' was at school. But even then it wasn't until herself involved in the Triwizard Tournament that she had really routed herself in things. So, when it came to cleaning, despite her confusion of what exactly she should do, she copied Fred and George as best as she could.

And when the days of cleaning came to an end, she would be pulled into the rather magical room of the kitchen, which was so warm and alive in comparison to the rest of the house. It was there that she got to know about Sirius Black's truth, and that he hadn't been behind the death of those muggles and lead Voldemort to James and Lily Potter.

She had doubted that when she first saw him at the house, and figured there was something more to it. It wasn't until George pointed it out that she actually knew the full tale, which was filled with betrayal and hurt.

These dinners were also where she talked with Bill, and organised a meet up with Fleur on the first day of her second week there. And in all honesty, Elodie had missed the Delacour girl the most. 

And amongst the days of cleaning, she found herself unable to wait for that day to come. When the best friends could finally reunite.