˗ˋ 70

CHAPTER SEVENTY

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY LEAVE

. . .

The day in the Hospital wing passed quickly in a fluster of visitors, Elodie being fussed over as if she had been the one who had been faced with Lord Voldemort. Harry had told her almost everything over lunch, feeling as if she deserved to know.

It was utterly horrifying, and Elodie felt sick as Harry described to her how Fudge didn't believe him, and thought he was just causing trouble. But just as Harry was about to say something else, the doors burst open and Célia and Alexander rushed in.

Elodie had never seen her mother in that state, almost in tears as she admitted her regret in acting so harshly against her daughter the day before, and that it would be perfectly fine for her to consider coming to Hogwarts - if that was what she really wanted. It seemed, despite Célia's claims to never consider Elodie's wishes after how injured she got, when the Beaumont woman had heard of how much the girl seemed to like it there from Madame Maxime, it changed her mind.

Alexander was a little less emotional, relaying a message from her father about how he would see her when she arrived back in france. They had been ushered out not long after by Madam Pomfrey, who wanted all of the visitors to be gone as soon as possible.

Madame Maxime was perhaps even worse than Célia, bending down and flinging her arms aroundd Elodie's neck, gigantic teardrops rolling down her face. Harry looked rather scared as he heard the giantess speaking in rapid French, even Elodie having a hard time understanding her.

After Madame Maxime came Fleur, who hugged Elodie a lot gentler than their headteacher had been when she hugged her. The Delacour glanced rather nervously at Harry, before explaining in French that she hadn't been around last night because Bill Weasley had seen her upset, and spoke limited French and the two had managed to communicate, the long-haired Weasley helping calm her down.

She also knew that Elodie would be rather busy with the twins and her mother, and she had come just after Madam Pomfrey had began to turn away visitors. That morning, whilst Elodie still slept, her and Bil had spoken, and as it turned out, they got on rather well. So well that Bill had agreed to get her a job at Gringotts to help with her English.

The two of them had ended up squealing, and it was at that point that Madam Pomfrey had ushered Fleur out. It seemed that both of the girls had managed to snag potential boyfriends whilst at Hogwarts - both entrapped in the wonderful web of Weasley charm.

Unfortunately, Fred and George's visit wasn't incredibly long. As soon as they entered, they bombarded Elodie with hugs - much to Madam Pomfrey's distaste. And after that, their hurried conversation had turned loud, and Madam Pomfrey had kicked them out. 

Elodie was taken back to the Beauxbaton's carriage that evening, and spent the next day convincing people to let Fred come up into her room, the Weasley boy sneaking sweets and chocolate with him and sitting with Elodie until he was kicked out by Madame Maxime herself.

The next couple days of schools passed in a strange summer haze. Elodie couldn't help but think of Cedric - they might not have been close, but there was still some form of friendship there. It was strange though, these thoughts filled with mourning were interrupted by the idea that she wanted to spend her last few days at Hogwarts having as much fun as she could.