˗ˋ 72

CHAPTER SEVENTY-TWO

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH SHE LEAVES

. . .

The reaction had been instantaneous. Célia had promptly forgotten how to talk, lips moving but no sound coming out. Samuel and Alexander had ended up laughing, Elodie's father sliding a pile of Bezants over the table, the two men seeming to have bet over her.

After Alexander had pocketed the money, Samuel had approached his wife, gently sitting her back down in her chair and taking the newspaper off of his daughter, heading back to his seat and hoping he could finish his coffee and the rest of his breakfast in peace.

Once recovered, Célia and Elodie had sat on the terrace area for about an hour, the two girls discussing the pros and cons, and if this was what Elodie truly wanted. Célia finally understood that it was, and promptly got to work arrranging it.

By the evening of the following day, Célia had called Elodie into the living room and informed her that she would be joining her and dropping her off at the Leaky Cauldron at around six the next day. She had been conversing with Molly through owl mail, and the Weasley woman had agreed to come and collect her at the pub that boarded the Wizarding world of Diagon Alley and the muggle world.

Elodie had been ecstatic, and was packed within the hour. She woke up early the next day, at around dawn, and couldn't get back to sleep. The rest of that day was spent fidgeting, trying to get herself to enjoy her last day in sunny France.

It was practically impossible; Elodie couldn't sit still and had done about a million things by lunch, and continued to do plenty of things after it - including swimming, sunbathing, visiting the local village, going horse riding and unpacking and re-packing her trunk a total of three times.

She had also written a mass of letters to her friends from Beauxbatons, explaining her situation and just how much she hoped they could remain friends and meet up at a later date. Célia had let her know that she had told Molly Weasley that it was to be a surprise, and so Elodie had avoided writing letters to Fred and George, and although she felt bad for not instantly replying to the two letters that had come, she let them sit on her desk, and then tucked away into her trunk.

Of course she had written to Fleur, and by the time she was ready to leave, the two best friends had already organised to meet up. In fact, Fleur had managed to get her employer to let her go and greet her friend at the Leaky Cauldron - no matter how grumpy they were, even Goblins weren't immune to a little bit of Veela charm.

But she managed to keep busy the entire day, and by the time five in the evening had rolled around, Elodie was stood by the massive fireplace in the Beaumonts' rather large drawing room, being fussed around by the maids.

Her mother had managed to procure absolutely everything Elodie would need for her year at Hogwarts - all of her uniform, books and anything and everything else. Célia had gotten her enrolled about two hours after Elodie had put her foot down and told her about her wishes to go to Hogwarts, and everything since then had been a rush of sorting things.

Because despite Célia's hesitation, she could tell her daughter had truly wanted this and so had done everything in her power to make it as easy as possible. She had met Molly Weasley, and instantly knew that no harm would come to her daughter - otherwise Elodie would have remained in France until the very last moment, and surprised the entire family on Platform 9¾.

And whilst that would make for rather good entertainment, Elodie had been told by her father many times that the Platform was incredibly busy at all times - and the chaos of her arriving there all ready to go to Hogwarts would just cause a mess.

"Are you ready?" Célia's voice carried over the room as she approached her daughter, a handbag that no doubtedly came out of one of Fleur's mother's catalogues circling one arm and her wand clutched in that hand, the other arm held out to her daughter. "This isn't usually how it works, however I had our fireplace linked with the one in Leaky Cauldron to stop us having to apparate." Célia explained. "Now, because we're going by Floo, I'll be going first with your main trunk." Célia instructed, taking the bigggest case and stepping into the empty fireplace.

"Margaret!" The woman called, and one of the maids who had been fussing around Elodie stepped forward, holding a pair of satin gloves and a small, ornate dish filled with glittering green powder.

Elodie watched as her mother pulled the gloves on, not at all surprised when she saw they matched her outfit perfectly. "Darling, Margaret will help you get through." Célia smiled before taking a handful of the powder, clearing her throat. "The Leaky Cauldron!" She announced in English, and Elodie watched calmly as her mother disappeared in a cloud of emerald green flames.

And with the maids fussing over for one last minute or so, Elodie moved into the fireplace. She had said her goodbyes to her father and brother earlier that afternoon, but a smile appeared on her face when she saw them waving at her from the entrance into the drawing room.

"Have fun, El!" Samuel called. "You'll have a great time, and don't forget to write to us, stop your mother going crazy."

"I promise." Elodie nodded, and the maids fussing over her - straightening her dress and patting down her hair, making sure she had a firm grip on her two other bags - stepped away. Margaret stepped forward once again, offering her another pair of gloves.

"No thank you." Elodie brushed them away, instead taking a fistful of the green powder with her bare hands. She thanked the staff around her, said one last goodbye to Alex and Samuel. And with a deep breath, she held onto to her bags and dropped the green powder.

"The Leaky Cauldron!" She said, and her view of the drawing room was obscured with green flames, just before the squeezing sensation began and she closed her eyes.

And just like that, it seemed to finalise her future of going to Hogwarts.