˗ˋ 93

CHAPTER NINETY-THREE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY WAKE
UP

. . .

"Come on love." She was lulled from sleep by the repeated phrase, a hand stroking over the curve of her head, mixing with the dark sleek hair.

Elodie stiffled a groan as she felt a shot of pain in her neck and a fizz in her arm. Fred seemed to be in a similar position, although he had woken up briefly before her and managed to fix it without waking her. 

It seemed that the two of them had fallen asleep right in the middle of the Gryffindor common room, drifting into an unconcious state prompted by the extremely comfortable couch and the sensation of just being by each other's side - it made them forget about all their troubles in the world and relax, perhaps the most peculiar thing.

"Sorry." Elodie mumbled as she sat up, rubbing sleep from her eyes and covering her mouth as she yawned. "I didn't even realise I was that tired."

"Don't worry about it... I nodded off a little after you did." Fred secured two hands under her armpits and lifted her off of his lap and onto the sofa beside him. "It's lucky we woke up a bit before people start to come down."

"Mhm." Elodie nodded absentmindedly, cuddling up to his shoulder as she yawned. "What happens today then? I wasn't here this time last year.. I arrived just before Halloween."

"It's not particularly special." Fred's arms wrapped around her stomach and tugged her over onto his lap before standing up, lifting her with her and placing her down on her feet. 

"Really? At Beauxbatons it always had these weird exercises to introduced the first years." Elodie pulled the red and gold sweater tighter around her stomach as she began to walk over to the stairs up to the girls' dorms.

"Like what?" Fred questioned, doing the same and coming to a stop beside her. 

"You know Nicolas Flamel? The alchemist with the Philospher's Stone?" Elodie replied, watching as the Weasley boy nodded. "Last year Madame Maxime had us doing some sort of capture the flag mixed with treasure hunt to find some recreation."

"And how did it go." Fred began to make his way up the stairs, holding onto the railing and leaning back to see her. 

"I won, of course." Elodie smiled, before pulling herself up the twisting staircase, slipping into the seventh year girl dorms, past the four sleeping forms, collecting her uniform and went into the bathroom. 

It seemed the sound of running water woke the other girls up, and not long after Elodie got she was out again, hearing them moving around and beginning their day. She accidentally left her grey school jumper in the bedroom, so after buttoning up her blouse and pulling up her knee socks, she spent a little long sorting out her skirt - she had to tie a hair bobble around the back to tighten the waist and roll it several times until it was perfect.

She left the bathroom with her wand pointed to her hair to dry it, retrieving her bag and sitting in front of her mirror on the chest of drawers by her bed to do her makeup and curl the shorter strips of hair around her face to frame it. 

"You ready to go?" Angelina appeared by her side and place a hand on her shoulder. Elodie nodded, collecting her stuff - including her tie and jumper - and zipping up the only slightly heeled boots that she had brought back to the Scottish castle from France. 

Elodie joined Angelina, Alicia, Patricia and Charlotte in making their way down to the common room where the Beaumont girl had spent the night. Fred and George were already waiting, leant against the back of the scarlet coloured sofa. 

"We'll take it from here ladies." Fred swooped in, arm linking with Elodie and pulling her back. "Come on, give me that." He tapped her hand and pulled the striped tie out of her grasp.

"Morning George." Elodie smiled as Fred lifted her chin, brushing her hair back out of the way and getting to work on doing up her tie for her. "Excited for the first day?"

"Eh, it'll be average at best." The second twin replied. "We'll just get our timetables and go about life as normal. I am hoping we get Umbridge earlier in the week rather than later; she seems like she'll be a shit teacher and Merlin knows how funny that can get."

"From the looks of the book she assigned us, we're going to learn absolutely nothing." Fred commented as he looped the material around. "I thought Lockhart set us some shit, but this Slinkhard bloke is on another level." 

"He's a con, I took one look at his book when Mum got us it." George appeared by Elodie's side as Fred finished tying her tie. "But don't look so worried about it, we'll make sure your last year's a right laugh, Umbridge or not."