˗ˋ 91

CHAPTER NINETY-ONE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH SHE GETS LOST

. . .

Dumbledore, who had found himself sitting down at the beginning of Umbridge's speech in order to give her the attention she so clearly desired. And when it finally came to it's long awaited end and Umbridge seated herself once more, he clapped politely, encouraging the staff either side of him to do the same.

He didn't specify how long for, and out of the corner of his eye he saw them barely even bringing their hands together once or twice. The students weren't much better; many had zoned out for the speech's entirety and caught unaware by the sudden ending. 

With the woman dressed in the ugliest monochrome pink outfit sitting down once more, the mumbles striking up even louder than before, full-blown conversations taking place as they waited for whatever professor would decide to speak next; would someone else be a little brave and out-there and speak before Dumbledore got a word in edgeways?

It seemed not, and Dumbledore got to his feet, clearing his throat as he surveyed his students. Half of which might believe the reports of the Daily Prophet, some which had been influenced by the ones around them, some whom had lent them his trust, and just a handful of those who knew the truth and part of what had been going on during the summer. Just one of them had experienced what had happened on that fateful night of June 24th, and he looked just as bewildered as tthe rest of them, turning towards his friends.

Elodie caught Harry's eye in a passing glance, offering him a smile as she turned towards Fred and George, gentle taps on their shoulders turning their attention to her. "Shh." She urged, her gaze drifting over to the Professors' table, where Dumbledore was getting to his feet.

The twins fell silent along with the rest of the hall to see if he would have anything of note to say. Dumbledore cleared his throat, glancing over at Umbridge with a pleasant smile that had no real energy in it covering his features. 

"Thank you very much, Professor Umbridge, that was mostilluminating." Dumbledore said, bowing his head as he looked her direction. He seemed to have taken the moral high ground in the situation; to barely react and act as if the look of shock, surprise and confusion on his face that had appeared when it became clear she wished to address the sea of students before her never even existed. "Now - as I was saying,Quidditch tryouts will be held..."

"Well that's rattled a few feathers." Fred didn't seem to be too bothered to listening to whatever Dumbledore was saying. "Did you get all that down?" He glanced around the group, a smile on his face.

Elodie looked lost, but everyone else nodded - so if she was ever confused or needed to know, she supposed she could easily ask them. Clattering and bumbling around them introduced the fact that Dumbledore had indeed dismissed them, and the Beaumont girl followed the many others in climbing out of her seat and proceeding towards the main doors of the Great Hall.

Her grip loosened on the back of Fred's robes and initial panic set in, but after she managed to phase herself out of the crowd she could calm down. Elodie might not have walked the corridors of Hogwarts for several years, but she had done it for the best part of one the previous.

The journey from the Great Hall to Gryffindor Common room was one she had done on several occasions, but to be fair to herself, those multiple times had been with Fred and George and she wasn't particularily focused on the route they were taking. 

And after the summer holidays, she seemed to have forgotten her way. 

"Elodie - good, we thought we lost you." Angelina appeared out of the crowd. "Fred and George are already on their way up, but if it's okay we can walk together.. and maybe talk about Quidditch?"

"Oh, of course!" Elodie was glad that the Johnson girl was there to help her, as well as the conversation. Whilst Quidditch wasn't as deeply intergrated to the comings and goings of Beauxbatons as it was at Hogwarts, she was still very interested in it. 

"So, you said you played Chaser?" Angelina pulled her out of the alcove that Elodie had taken refuge in, walking side by side and making sure not to get lost as they made their way up towards the Gryffindor common room, first proper conversation about their shared interest.

It seemed that Angelina would be Elodie's first proper friend at Hogwarts, outside of Fred and George.

a/n
can you tell i love
angelina sm pls