˗ˋ 96

CHAPTER NINETY-SIX

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH ELODIE 
REUNITES WITH THE TWINS

. . .

Although not what was predicted, Elodie ended up on an almost completely different schedule to the twins. Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Transfiguration, Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures and Charms were what McGonagall and Elodie finally agreed upon, four of the subject far more than what was necessary for NEWTs. 

But seeing as Elodie hadn't actually taken the Beauxbatons equivalent of OWLs and just been granted teacher-related grades, she was only basing her decisions and choices of qualifications on that, as opposed to whether she would be in class with her boyfriend and best friend. 

In fact - McGonagall had reiterated that point several times. Despite her being new to the school, she shouldn't rely on them too much and not be afraid to branch out on her own. Elodie wasn't planning on sticking by Fred and George's sides all her life anyway, but the Head of House pointing it out only made her more determined about it.

However, she was sharing classes with them; Defense Against the Dark Arts, Care of Magical Creatures and Potions just so happened to be what both twins had decided to take, as well as George decided to add one more to the list and take Herbology.

It made sense, considering that she had witness them come up with many of their products - which all involved intricate planning, researching and experimenting with different plants and other ingredients until they found the successful combination. They needed to have knowledge of that.

But by the time Professor McGonagall and Elodie had conversed and organised a timetable, the first lesson of the day had come to a close and it was up to Elodie to find the twins and Lee, who was most likely joining them.

She knew that there was no way that they would be in the library, and it couldn't be said that they would wait outside of McGonagall's office. However, after her earlier stay at the school, she knew that the Great Hall was opened up with coffee, tea and golden platters of fruit up and down the tables to supply them through the twenty minute break between their first and second lesson of the day. 

Elodie decided that her best bet was the Great Hall, and so with her hand-written timetable clutched between her fingers, she descended down from the first floor and back to the ground floor, weaving her way around crowds of students making their way out of classrooms.

It was a busy scene when she managed to get to the Entrance Hall - there were just so many first years surging towards the only place they'd had a chance to remember the location of - but eventually she got through the gigantic wooden doors and down the aisle to the Gryffindor table, where two heads of ginger hair had stuck out to her almost instantly, Lee sat beside them.

"Ellie." Fred turned with a smile on his face, an arm outstretched as she approached and pulling her down on the seat, between each twin with her back to the table. "How's your timetable? Did you get it sorted?"

"Yeah, McGonagall helped me with it." Elodie held out the piece of parchment, George pulled it from her hand and studied it. "All the same as yours except for Arithmancy and Charms."

"Thank Merlin, I don't think we could survive Snape without you. Now that we have someone who is as good at Potions as you are then we're sorted." Fred grinned, pressing a kiss to her cheek. "You've got loads of lessons though."

"Concerned?" Elodie tilted her head, eyebrow raised.

"Only that we won't be spending enough time together." Fred replied, smiling up at her. Besides them, Lee and George retched. "Shut up, idiots. She's my girlfriend. Maybe you should try and get one before reacting." He nudged George, who rolled his eyes. 

"Oh he's trying." Angelina leaned forward on the table, and Elodie giggled, remembering the topic of conversation last night. "Maybe when Hogsmeade comes, Georgie."

"But that won't be until Halloween." George replied shortly, avoiding the eyes of his brother, lost in thought for a moment. "Nevermind that - who says you have to wait. Anything planned on Saturday?"

"What are you talking about?" Angelina asked, and Elodie felt a tap on her knee as George attempted to elude her many questions. She turned her head towards Fred, meeting his eyes and grinning. 

"How are you feeling, love?" Fred questioned. In all honesty, he was concerned about her, just in case Hogwarts was nothing like she had wanted it to be as an actual student, as opposed to just a temporary visitor there whose time was mostly taken up by preparing for the next task of the Triwizard Tournament.

"Better, now that I've got my schedule all sorted." Elodie leant forward as she poured herself a cup of coffee, relaxing into her boyfriend as she sipped it. "I'm just worried about Umbridge.. I feel as though she might be a problem."

"Now that we have an idea of where we're going to go when we leave.. if it gets too bad we can leave any time." Fred murmured his reply, meeting her with a smile on his face.  "You don't have to worry, not with us anyway."

"Oh, I know."