˗ˋ 83

CHAPTER EIGHTY-THREE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THE MORNING ARRIVES

. . .

"Ellie.. Elodie! Ellie you lazy lump!" The voice had gone from gently and sing-song like to much more mischievious and harsh within seconds. Joined by a soft shake of her shoulder then fingers digging into her sides and causing her to fold up on herself, it eventually woke the poor Beaumont girl up. 

"What the hell Fred." She grumbled, twisting as she attempted to turn out of his grasp. "You can't call your girlfriend that."

"Oh, we're pulling out that now are we?" Leaning above her, watching with cocked eyebrows, Fred rather careful did extract his hand and a sigh of relief left the Beaumont girl's lips, only for it to be drawn right back in as a weight settled over her. 

"Fred-" She gasped, eyes flickering open and arms reaching upwards, only for her wrists to be grabbed and held down. "You're a dead weight, get the hell off of me."

"Wow you're grumpy in the mornings." Across the room, George was throwing carefully folded clothes into his trunk. "What Fred is trying to tell you is if you don't get up now, mum might kill you." 

"Oh.. why?" Elodie finally sat up, the threat of death seeming to be the thing that woke her up - over the weight of one of the Weasley twins on her stomach or said Weasley calling her a 'lazy lump'.

"Because, love, we're going to Hogwarts today." Fred grinned, pushing himself upwards and hauling her up with him. "Now, we packed your bags last night so you only have to get changed and we fought mum off from coming in to wake you up for so long that you only have fifteen minutes until we really have to leave." 

"Oh you idiot." Elodie groaned, letting him pull her over to the pile of clothes that had been left out the night before. "I'll be quick - you know the drying spell right? For my hair?"

"No.. but I can get Tonks up here?" Fred offered, grinning when Elodie scanned the pile. "Changed a few things into Gryffindor colours." 

"I'll be fine without Tonks. And don't get your hopes up that I'll be sorted in there." Elodie picked up the clothes, weaving her way around the trunks that littered the area near the bathroom door. 

"You were the Beauxbatons champion. If anything screams Gryffindor it's that." George said, rather wisely added, Elodie shaking her head slightly before slipping into the bathroom.

She emerged minutes later in the items picked out by her boyfriend the night before - far too loose jeans and one of his sweaters knitted by his mother at Christmas - dark red with a golden 'F' in the centre. 

"Really?" She asked, gesturing at the jumper. Confusion appeared in her eyes as she looked around - both George and the trunks had gone. 

"We raced them downstairs. Hit Ginny in the head." Fred grinned. "She's fine, don't worry. But mum really is getting impatient now - we need to go."

"Alright, alright." Elodie pulled her jacket off of the hook behind the door, shrugging the strap of her bag over her shoulder. "Are you sure Ginny is okay?" 

Fred pulled her towards the door, slinging his arm around his girlfriend's waist and slipping his hand into her pocket, slowing to the same pace as her as they made their way down the corridor to stairs. "Love, if she wasn't then I'm sure I wouldn't be able to talk to you right now." He squeezed her a little closer before pulling his hand away as they reached the stairs. 

"And where would you be instead?" Elodie questioned as they made their way down. 

"Hanging by my ankles somewhere." Fred grinned in reply, their own conversation soon drowned out by the chaos that filled the hallway to Grimmauld Place, eyebrows raised as they reached the very last step and covered their eyes to shield them from Mrs Black's portrait screaming.

Molly Weasley had experienced quite the scare with a boggart the previous night, but that hadn't seemed to have affected her in the slightest, in fact she seemed as confident and motherly as ever. 

"Good morning Elodie dear, so sorry to rush you on your first morning but there has been a change in arrangements." The frizzy haired woman greeted Elodie with a small package. "I had a croissant picked up for you, most likely won't live up to your standards but I thought you could have some comfort food on your first morning."

"Oh, thank you so much." Elodie accepted the paper bag with a grin up to Fred, who had no doubt told his mother about one of her favourite pastry, as cliche as it could be.

"Now you two are heading there with Remus, Ginny and George - quick, quick, they're waiting outside." Seconds later and Molly had ushered her son and his girlfriend out onto the street, saying hurried goodbyes and wishing them to be safe before disappearing within again.

And with that, they would begin their journey to King's Cross Station.