˗ˋ 74

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY TALK

. . .

"How on earth.. why - when was it decided you were coming?" Fred and Elodie, following their reunion in the Entrance Hall of 12 Grimmauld Place with Mrs Black screeching in the background, had been confined into the room that Fred and George were sharing. 

George had taken it upon himself to visit Harry and Ron in their room on the floor below, letting the couple have some privacy without everyone watching and somehow managing to disturb the portrait of the deceased witch. 

"I think.. two or three days ago? I told my mum I wanted to go to Hogwarts at breakfast and she organised everything. I've got all the uniform, all the books and everything." Elodie smiled, twisting her legs under her as she looked across at Fred. "And I have my own tie now."

"Which is an absolute travesty. I mean - what can I do with my tie now?" His eyes slid over to the red and gold striped fabric. "I certainly can't wear it now, not when it's such a signficant part of a important promise."

"Bloody hell I should've gone to France and come straight back here." The girl exclaimed without even thinking. "You could be cheesy before, but it seems like a whole new level."

"You know what they say, distance only makes the heart grow fonder." Fred had acquired quite the accent to pull that one off, a laugh escaping his lips as he saw Elodie's face. "Every single one makes me want to throw my brain down the stairs - they're so cheesy but I can't stop. Especially when you look like that after them."

"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and as for the owner of said heart, it turned him into a complete nutcase." Elodie shook her head fondly, a giggle jumping out as Fred's arm snaked around her waist and tugging her over onto his lap. "Much better." The Beaumont girl sighed with content as he pressed his nose to her neck, kisses like butterflies appearing every so often.

"So how did you manage it. I know you're absolutely dying to tell me how you convinced your mum." Fred asled, voice slightly muffled.

"I asked her at the start of the summer several times and every time I asked I got shot down. Then I decided that I would be going and that was that." Elodie shrugged. "The way she worked to get me here though you would think she was fed up with me. How's the business."

"Almost booming." Fred's tone was laced with sadness, yet he still seemed excited about Weasley Wizard Wheezes. "Mum confiscated a load of products not long ago, we've managed to make most of them back up and have order forms ready to go."

"You got them back? Oh good, I know you worked really hard on them." Elodie mused, before breaking from his grasp and turning to sit facing him, knees touching. "So what are you working on now?" 

"Skivving Snackboxes." Fred didn't seem as excited as he told her. "Puking Pastilles especially. We'll take one half of the sweet and throw up, but can't stop long enough to swallow the cure half - Ellie please just come back, I like hugging you."

Elodie stared at him for just a moment, before moving to sit where she had been before. Instantly, a smile appeared on Fred's face and with his hands on her shoulder, he gently pulled her down with him so that the two were laid on their backs, staring up at the rather ornately decorated ceiling - something that surely didn't need that amount of swirls and patterns. 

"This house is really something." Elodie moved closer to Fred, balancing her head on his chest as her eyes travelled around the room. "Your mum told me all about the Order when I was walking here - I didn't imagine headquarters to be like this at all."

"Well Sirius's ancestor designed it as one of the most secure places in London. As you can see, it isn't the easiest thing to find. Not when you take into account the Fidelius charm and the stuff that hides it from magic. Shame the inside it gross, otherwise it would be pretty cool." Fred frowned.

"I think it is pretty cool. Well what I've seen so far. Minus the screaming portraits, beheaded house elves and Famel knows what." The girl shrugged. "It's pretty cool otherwiise."

"Yeah, well you didn't have to get the doxies out of the curtains, or clean up any of the rooms, have you?" Fred cocked an eyebrow, a smirk on his lips as his hands reached over and circled Elodie's waist, easily able to pull her up and over him, so that she was straddling him.

"Fred, I can't believe you're thinking of this right now." Elodie shook her head, but Fred could only continue to smirk. "Okay, but only making out. Nothing more."

"Fine. I can excersise some restraint, you know?" Fred replied, eyes bright as the girl leaned down to kiss him. 

It was almost as if they hadn't parted at all.