˗ˋ 44

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE RELAXES

. . .

"Ellie." A voice broke through the Beaumont girl's rather pleasant dream, and seemed to project from the heavens above the imaginary field of flowers, and Elodie woke with a start. 

Fred was crouched down at her level, eyes practically boring into hers. She scrunched her nose, closing her eyes and pulling her hands up to tug the covers over her head, still wanting more sleep. 

"Nope, not right now." Fred gently pulled the covers down, and rubbing her eyes, Elodie met his eyes once again.

"Meanie." She grumbled, and Fred shrugged. "I'm so tired, can't you just let me sleep?" She asked, honestly having no idea why on earth he had to wake her up. They had both just been plunged down to the bottom of a lake - and a forty-one metre deep one, at that.

Fred had had it admittedly easy - Elodie supposed he had no idea of what he was doing when whoever put him there and he was unconcious for the majority of the time. Elodie however, wished she could have simply have been floating along.

But no, the Beauxbaton's champion - who was tiny in comparison to the male champions and the very person she had to rescue - had a much harded timme. "Why couldn't you have been Fleur." She whined, as Fred pulled away her hands. 

"So you do love me!" Fred said in that over-exaggerated manner. "You see, I could have been, but she practically ran past me to get to dinner."

"Of course I.. Well, it would have sure made it easier if I didn't because otherwise I would have had to drag Fleur out of the water rather than you." Elodie said, noticeably skipping over a certain phrase. "Seriously - look how big you are, how did anyone expect me to drag you out of water." 

"Why thank you." Fred said - laughing when he saw Elodie roll her eyes. "Yes I know you didn't mean it that way. But hey, what can I say. McGonagall fetched me from the common room really early this morning, and next thing I know I was coming out of the water."

Elodie finally sat up, moving over so that Fred could sit beside her, her back leaning against the quilted headboard of her bed. "So what did they do when they asked you?"

"Well I was the last one there - Hermione, Ron and Cho were all there as well, and none of us knew what was going on. And then Dumbledore appears and informs us all of what it was. We were to be certain things for the trial - the special thing mentioned in your poem-thingy. He cast this enchanted sleep spell on us and I can't remember anything else." Fred explained.

"So you were unconcious that entire time?" Elodie asked, and Fred nodded. "Why on Earth did they pick you and not Fleur?" She exploded a minute later. "Harry had to help me pull you up to the surface."

"Well, love, what can I say - you must care for me more than you initially considered." Fred smirked, sitting up and looking over at Elodie, pulling her chin up by placing a single finger underneath it, and meeting her eyes. To his surprise she was blushing - and that only made him smirk more. 

"You know, I initially woke you up for dinner but I'm considering skipping that part. I can easily go down to the school kitchens." He mumbled, as he leant forward slightly and pressed a kiss just beside her lips, and chuckled when he heard the sharp intake of breath from the girl.

"Getting a little close there." Elodie mumbled, mind going hazy and forgetting anything that she was about to say as a trail of kisses travelled from the corner of her lips to her jaw, and down her neck. 

"So it's your neck?" Fred smirked. "See I knew it was somewhere around here, but I couldn't quite figure out which exact part would make you weak in the knees."

"Well I'd have to be stood up for that." Elodie attempted to make some form of joke out of the situation. Her eyes widened as she felt Fred's hand travel down her side, tracing faint marks as he did so. 

His hand reached somewhere that Elodie had never expected him to go. "Fred - I don't think I have the energy.." She began, but Fred hushed her, a fingertip brushing against her lips. 

"You don't have to worry about anything. You saved me, remember? And I clearly caused you a lot of hassle. Think of this as my way of paying you back, it's not much, but it's something that can be.. repeated. Just sit back and relax." He replied, voice uncharacteristically low.

And Elodie did just that, right after casting a muffliato charm of the door, of course.