˗ˋ 36

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY VISIT HOGSMEADE

. . .

A couple days after the trio's brush with Filch and Fred and Elodie's somewhat awkward talk was the next Hogsmeade trip before the second task. Neither Elodie nor Fred had mentioned the talk since it happened, and neither planned on saying anything. 

But it didn't stop there from being awkward moments - and it didn't stop Elodie from deciding to go with Fleur to Hogsmeade instead of the twins. And so, Fred and George went with Lee instead. 

"So what you're trying to tell me is that you're considering staying at Hogwarts?" Fleur asked, her voice rather loud as the pair entered the Three Broomsticks. "And it's because of Fred?"

"Well not just because of Fred." Elodie said, her eyes scanning the pub for any sight of the two twins and their dark haired friend. She seemed relieved when she didn't see them. Although Fred for sure didn't know any french, given past events, she didn't really want him hearing their conversation.

"What else then?" Fleur asked, as they found a corner booth and sat down in it. "Go order and think about your reply." The blonde girl said, and Elodie rolled her eyees, doing what Fleur said - because it was pretty good advice.

Elodie had a lot to think about these days. The upcoming task was a big one, the 24th of February becoming the focus of many of her daydreams, as she felt both worried and prepared for what was to come. 

And those daydreams were invaded with her conversation with Fred - it wasn't his fault, if it was anyone it was George, really. But Elodie couldn't stop thinking about what they had talked about.

Did she want to transfer to Hogwarts for her final year? She felt extremely comfortable within the castle walls, and in an extremely short amount of time. That was partially because of the twins, but also because of how nice all the staff were, and the thought of her father once walking the hallways just added to it all. 

But Beauxbatons had been her 'home' for so long. It was her sixth year there - but technically it wasn't, in a way, seeing as she was spending it all at the Scottish castle. Either way she had a decision to make that could upset people no matter what decision she made. 

Elodie ordered the two cups of butterbeer, and was half way through walking back when she bumped into someone. And she glanced up, seeing a flash of ginger, she stepped back.

"Oh Ron, it's only you." She breathed out a sight of relief and the younger Weasley frowned. 

"Is something going on?" He asked. Ron seemed to have gotten over the slight crush he had on Elodie - or at the very least had stopped blushing every moment he saw her. 

"No.. no it's nothing, don't worry about it." Elodie replied, about to step past Ron when he stopped her. 

"I.. Um well if you ever need to talk about Fred to someone that isn't his twin, I know him pretty well." Ron muttered, raising his hand to scratch at the back of his neck.

"See I reckoned you would." Elodie said, the joke leaving her lips and causing a smile to appear on Ron's lips, the few words relieving the slight tension there. "But thanks, Ron. I'll remember that."

"No problem." Ron said, and his eyes widened slightly as he looked past Elodie's shoulder and stepping backwards.

A sudden hand appeared on Elodie's shoulder, pulling her closer. The girl jumped out of her skin and she yelped, the butterbeer in her hands spilling over the edge as she did so. "Not bothering you is he?" 

Elodie glanced up to see Fred peering down over her, looking rather protectively over her. "No, I was just talking to Ron." She smiled, and Fred squeezed her shoulder, watching as she wiped her hand. "I'll be getting back to Fleur, I think. See you at dinner, Freddie." She excused herself and walked over to the table she shared with Fleur, with what Butterbeer was left.

"What happened?" Ron asked, seeing Fred's rather crestfallen expression. 

"I think I asked something too big of her too soon." Fred admitted, and Ron made a face.

"You told her you loved her already? Asled her to be your girlfriend-" He continued guessing until Fred cut him off. 

"I asked her to think about transferring to Hogwarts." Fred told him, and Ron frowned. "Don't say anything, I know it's stupid. I just don't know what she'll say." 

And apparently, neither did Elodie.