˗ˋ 68

CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE'S TAKEN AWAY

. . .

Something wasn't right. That was just as obvious to Elodie as it had been when she saw Krum's eyes veiled with blue. Cedric and Harry had come back, holding the trophy. But neither of them were getting up, Harry seeming to be shaking.

"Holy fuck." The girl breathed, swaying on her already weak legs as Harry moved, and she got to see Cedric. Who didn't move at all. He was dead.

The crowd seem to realise at the same time, all eyes upon Harry and Cedric as they began to mutter, Dumbledore and Cornelius Fudge leaned over him, the headmaster hurriedly talking to Harry.

"He's dead?" The questioning mutters began to echo around the stands, and all of a sudden people watching were shouting and screaming in horror.

Elodie's eyes blurred with tears, and could only just see Harry being led away by Mad-Eye Moody. Still holding her up, Fred and George stared at the scene, frozen in place.

Madame Maxime seemed to be panicking, looking hurriedly between Elodie and the headmaster. Célia looked on in horror, before turning to her daughter. "There is no way that you're coming here. You two, my daughter needs to go up to the Hospital Wing."

"Mrs Beaumont, her arms are already healed." Fred replied, deciding not to fight the woman on the first sentence. Alexander looked apologetic as he began to urge them out of the archway and onto the path back up to the school, Célia following along after Elodie's eyes were torn away from the scene, tired, mournful and silent tears trickling down her cheeks.

"Well then why are you carrying her?" The woman snapped. "My daughter has legs, she can walk, can't she?"

"Well you see, she's suffered blood loss and the potion is yet to kick in." George answered instead, seeing Fred having quite the time trying to stop some form of comment leaving his lips, knowing it would only worsen the situation and was not at all appropraite.

"Fred! George! Oh thank God you're there." Molly Weasley appeared by the group, moving around the front and fussing over Elodie, warm hands gently lifting her head. "Oh dear, you look a little peaky - I'll make sure that Madam Pomfrey has some food for you. Fred- George, Ron and Ginny are with Hermione, Bill sloped off somewhere with Elodie's friend - bring her up to the Hospital Wing, will you? Come on, there's no need to wait around here."

It seemed that Mrs Weasley was dealing with the shock by fussing over her children, as well as those that weren't hers as well. "Alastor Moody must have taken Harry up there - poor boy." Molly shook her head. "Oh- Ginny! Ron! Over here - Célia, you don't mind do you, just make sure they come straight up to the castle."

Fred and George paused, Elodie automatically halting in their tracks, watching as Célia stared at Ron, Hermione and Ginny, then to Mrs Weasley, who was bustling off to the castle. "Just.." George paused, before glancing at his brother. "Just follow Mum?" He asked, not really liking the look on Célia's face.

"Come on love." Fred murmured, the two boys pushing forwards and continuing towards the castle. It was rather chaotic, people hurrying to get back to the castle after one of the teachers had instructed them to do so, to make their way to their sleeping arrangements for the night.

Elodie wasn't having a great time. She wasn't before Harry and Cedric arrived, her legs weak and feeling utterly exhausted. Now, both those feelings were even worse, and was added to by the strange disconnection from reality, the strange feeling of death washing over her.

"Freddie?" Her voice was a squeak, a hint of a croak hidden within it. The boy on her right looked down, not stopping as he jerked his eyebrow up, questioning her. "I'm really tired."

"I know you are, love. But we're almost at the Hospital Wing, and Mum will have gotten Madam Pomfrey to get you a bed and probably some more potion ready." He smiled. "And don't you even worry about us going back to the dorms, we'll stay with you, won't we George."

"We shall. If Madam Pomfrey doesn't kick us out - you know how she can be." George replied, ducking when Fred sent his spare arm his way, but was still quite far from hitting him.

Completely and utterly exhausted, as well as feeling rather dizzy and faint, Elodie didn't remember much after that. But after what would be considered a rather trying day, she would fall asleep in the Hospital Wing.

And like promised, neither twin would leave her side all night.