141

"We need to get to the animal clinic," Stiles says. "The dread doctors, they got to Hayden. They don't know if she's going to make it"

"You drive," Faline says, tossing him to keys before pulling on her shoes.

"Hey sorry," Stiles says as they run up to Scott who was stood outside the clinic. "I had trouble starting the jeep again. The thing's barely hanging on. I couldn't get in touch with Malia or Lydia"

Scott stares at the two as if he had never met them before and they both glance at each other in confusion.

"Scott?" Faline asks but their eyes both widen when Scott pulls out the wrench that Faline had used to hit Donovan across the face.

"Where'd you get that?" Stiles asks.

"This is yours?" Scott asks and Stiles takes it from Scott's hand. "Why didn't you tell me? Either of you?"

"We were going to," Stiles says, gripping onto Faline's hand tightly.

"Why didn't you tell me when it happened?" Scott asks.

"We couldn't," Faline says. "Because you'd have looked at us how you're looking at use right now"

"You killed him?" Scott asks. "Was it like some sick Bonnie and Clyde thing?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"You killed Donovan?" Scott asks, still not believing that his friends were capable of that.

"He was going to kill my dad," Stiles says. "He was about to kill Faline. Was I supposed to just let him? Watch him rip my girlfriend to shreds, right in front of my eyes?"

"You weren't supposed to do this" Scott says. "None of us are"

"You think I had a choice?" Stiles asks.

"There's always a choice," Scott says as Stiles moves in front of Faline so he can take Scott's shame.

"Yeah well, I can't do what you can Scott" Stiles snaps. "I know you wouldn't have done it. You probably would've just figured something out, right?"

"I'd try," Scott says.

"Yeah because you're Scott McCall" Stiles shouts. "You're the true alpha. Guess what, all of us can't be true alphas. Some of us have to make mistakes. Some of us have to get our hands a little bloody sometimes. Some of us are human"

"You had to kill him? Faline could have done something" Scott says.

"HE WAS ABOUT TO EAT HER" Stiles shouts, louder and angrier than Faline had ever heard him be. "He was going to kill her, then he was going to kill my dad"

"But the way that it happened-" Scott says. "There's a point when it's- Its not self defense anymore"

"What are you talking about?" Faline asks, stepping forward. "We didn't have a choice, Scott! It was us or him"

"You don't even believe us do you?" Stiles asks.

"I want to," Scott says.

"Okay, alright," Stiles says. "So believe us then. Scott says you believe us. Say it. Say you believe me"

"Stiles," Faline says. "He doesn't believe us"

"We can't kill people we're trying to save," Scott says.

"Say you believe me" Stiles steps forward angrily and Faline pulls him back gently.

"We can't kill people" Scott shouts. "Do you believe that?"

"Well, what do I do about this?" Stiles asks. "What do you want me to do? Just tell us how to fix this, alright? Just tell me what do you want us to do?"

"Don't worry about Malia or Lydia" Scott says. "We'll find them. Maybe- Maybe you should talk to your dad"

Scott walks into the clinic and Stiles turns and wraps his arms around Faline, she strokes the back of his head as his body shudders.

"It's okay" Faline whispers. "We did what we had to okay?"

Stiles looks at her, tears in his eyes and rain dripping down on his face.

"No matter what," Faline says. "I love you okay? Always"

"I love you too," Stiles says.

"Scott just needs time," Faline says. "We'll go home and try and talk to him tomorrow okay?"

Stiles nods and they climb into the jeep and begin driving down the road.

"Why is smoke coming from the hood?" Faline asks. "And into the car?"

Faline and Stiles climb out coughing and choking on the smoke.

"Grab the wrenches please," Stiles says and Faline nods quickly handing him the box.

Stiles stares at the empty section in the box before storming forward with the bloody wrench as if to throw it. Faline ducks as Stiles launches it at the windshield and glass sprays everywhere.

"I'm sorry" Stiles mutters, sitting down next to her. "I'm sorry"

He picks a piece of glass out of her hair.

"I threw away your library card," Stiles says.

"You did what?"

"I threw it away"

"That means I have to fill out paperwork for a new one" Faline groans.