145

Faline throws her hands forward but sighs angrily when the fence just rattles.

"I said use your whole self," Jennifer says. "You're holding back"

"Well the last time I didn't hold back I decimated an entire village," Faline says. "I'm sorry I don't feel like repeating that"

"Your whole self guides your magic," Jennifer says. "Do you know why even though your eyes glow green your magic is pink?"

"We could never work it out," Faline says.

"Pink magic is rare," Jennifer says. "It means that you are unequivocally good. Many witches have white or blue which means they have darkened in them but pink means that your heart is so full of love that the darkness can't even get close. Only once you're in control of your magic and have accepted it fully, will your eyes match the color of your magic. Try again"

"How do you know so much? How did you learn?"

"When I was Kali's emissary I was a witch," Jennifer says. "But using the Nemeton to save me, drained me of my magic. But you have to find your own way, Faline. There is no one guide for all witches. There is what you use to control yourself"

"What if your way works for me too?"

"Find your way," Jennifer says

"This isn't even real," Faline says. "My body's lying in a room down the hall staring at the ceiling"

Jennifer just smirks, slamming her hands against the fence, and launches Faline back.

"Did that feel real?" Jennifer asks, sliding the door shut.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

"You want out? Break the glass without holding back"

"It's bullet-resistant polycarbonate," Faline says.

"So make your magic a bullet," Jennifer says. "Focus all your energy on the glass. Then break it. Break the glass"

"Just tell me how you did it" Faline groans after several failed attempts.

"You have to find your own way"

"Why can't you tell me yours?" Faline asks.

"Because my way got a lot of people hurt"

"Was that before you killed all of those people in a ritual?" Faline asks.

"Some days it was controlled," Jennifer says. "Other days, I couldn't even leave my room in fear of losing control. I was in my math lesson when it happened. This girl she wouldn't leave me alone and I lost control"

"What happened?"

"The windows smashed, glass flying everywhere," Jennifer says. "That's how Kali found me, I ran out of school, packed my bags, and ran away from home. Even though they couldn't prove it everyone knew I had done it. Kali took me in, guided me to control. Find a better way. My magic was like a bomb going off. Yours needs to be a bullet"

"Did you hear that?" Faline asks, hearing a gun cock behind her, and Jennifer nods.

Faline turns to see Malia crouched in a small cave.

"Malia? Malia!"

Faline watches the fear on Malia's face as a figure steps up to her with a gun in their hand.

"Is this real or is it in my head?" Faline asks.

"I think you know what a premonition feels like," Jennifer says.

Malia begins to whimper as she tries to push herself back.

"She's going to die," Faline says.

Stiles sits at Faline's bedside, holding her hand in his own.