47

"Hi, Faline" Matt whispers and Faline begins to wriggle until the barrel of a gun is pressed against her head. The cool metal causes her to freeze. "I don't want to do this but I will if I have to. By the way, you can't spell your way out of this. I had Jackson spike your drink with Artemisia so no magic for you"

Faline nods her head to indicate she understands and Matt pulls her into the shadows when Stiles runs past. Faline lets a tear escape her eye and Matt notices.

"I'm not going to hurt you" Matt whispers using his thumb to wipe the tear away. "I would never hurt you. You see I think I might actually love you"

"You don't threaten someone you love with a gun" Faline whispers.

Stiles runs back towards his dad's office after finding the dead deputy and Faline's phone on the ground.

"DAD!" Stiles shouts.

Matt guides Faline into the office and the three occupants' eyes all widen before raising their hands.

"Matt?" Mr. Stilinski says. "It's Matt, right? Matt whatever's going on I guarantee there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun or you hurting Faline"

"Like I told Faline," Matt says, keeping his hand over her mouth as the girl lets out a muffled whimper which causes Stiles to stiffen up. "I think I love her, so I would never harm her. But you know, it's funny you say that because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are"

"I know you don't wanna hurt people," Mr. Stilinski says.

"Actually I wanna hurt a lot of people," Matt says. "You three weren't on my list but I could be persuaded. One way is to try dialing someone on your cell phone like McCall is doing. That could definitely get someone hurt. Everyone. Now!"

Matt keeps his grip on Faline tight as Stiles watches apprehensively.

"Come on," Mr. Stilinski says.

Matt keeps the gun to Faline's head as he forces Stiles to handcuff his father down.

"Tighter" Matt says.

"Do what he says Stiles" Mr. Stilinski says.

Stiles tightens the handcuffs and glares at Matt before he leads them back out of the room. Scott stops as they spot a corridor of dead deputies.

"What are you gonna kill everyone in here?" Scott asks.

"No that's what Jackson's for," Matt says. "I just think about killing them and he does it"

Matt keeps the gun held to Faline's head as he forces Stiles and Scott to shred all of the evidence against him

"Deleted and we're done," Stiles says.

"And, so, Matt, since all the people you brutally murdered deserved it because they killed you first, whatever that means, we're good here right? I'll just get my dad, you'll let go of Faline and we'll go, you know, you just continue on the whole vengeance thing. Enjoy the Kanima"

A car pulls up outside the station and Matt smirks.

"Sounds like your mom's here McCall," Matt says.

"Matt don't do this" Scott says. "When she comes to the door I'll just tell her to leave. I'll tell her we didn't find anything. Please Matt"

"If you don't move," Matt says. "Now, I'm gonna kill Stiles first. Then once I've killed Stiles, I'll kill your mom then I'll disappear and you'll never see me or Faline again"

Faline lets out a muffled sob as Matt keeps the gun pressed firmly to her head.

"Open it," Matt says.