87

Faline, Stiles, Scott, Kira, and Lydia are being questioned by Mr. McCall. Stiles had his arm around Faline's shoulders and she had her legs thrown across his lap.

"So when did you get there?" Mr. McCall asks.

"At the same time," Stiles says.

"At the same time as who?" Mr. McCall asks.

"At the same time as me," Scott says.

"By coincidence?" Mr. McCall asks.

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asks.

"That's what I'm asking you," Mr. McCall says. "The two of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott asks.

"I think he's asking me," Stiles says.

"I think he's asking both of you," Faline says.

"Okay, let me answer the questions," Mr. McCall says and Faline glances at Mr. Stilinski who was struggling to contain his amusement. "Let me ask the questions. Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow knocked out Faline in the ambulance and left her there. He was then hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took both girls to a power substation and tied Kira up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town"

"Sounds about right," Stiles says.

"You seemed to have made a fast recovery," Mr. McCall says.

"What can I say," Faline says. "Almost magical"

"How'd you know he'd take them to a power station?" Mr. McCall asks.

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer," Stiles says. "So where else would he take them?"

"That's one hell of a deduction there Stiles," Mr. McCall says.

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement"

Mr. Stilinski snorts and the other teenagers, minus Kira, have to bite their lips to stop laughter slipping out.

"Stiles, just uh, answer the man," Mr. Stilinski says.

"We made a good guess," Stiles says.

"What were the two of you doing?"

"Eating sushi"

"Eating pizza"

Scott and Kira look at each other.

"Eating pizza"

"Eating sushi"

"Eating sushi and pizza," The two teens say.

"You believe this?"

"To be honest," Mr. Stilinski says. "I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak"

Faline looks at Stiles who just shrugs.

"But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it"

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" Mr. McCall asks.

All of the other teens lean forward to look at the girl.

"Yes," Kira says. "Could I get my phone back now?"

"Sorry but no" Mr. McCall says. "Kira a deputy's gonna take you home but first we'll need you to fill out some paperwork"

Faline is stood in the corridor with Stiles when Coach walks down with a megaphone.