121

The pack all filters in and Satomi holds up a hand before throwing one of her sharp metal sticks. Faline hears a grunt and Brett rushes out to attack the person who reveals themselves to be Chris Argent.

"Wait, wait," Faline says. "Brett this is his place. It's his"

Brett moves away from Chris.

"Scott, if you bring in guests you could have called," Chris says.

"We didn't have anywhere else to take them," Scott says.

"I know this man," Satomi says. "He may not remember but we've met before"

"You can trust him," Scott says. "We trust him"

"How do we know he's not like the others?" Satomi asks.

"What others?" Chris asks.

"Last night there was a whole team after them," Kira says. "Faline managed to get the siblings out in time"

"She is the coolest driver I've ever seen" Lori chips in and quickly turns away when everyone looks at her, the shade of her face going a deep red.

Faline shoots Lori a friendly wink before turning back to the conversation.

"They used crossbows," Kira says, holding out the arrowhead with some of the stick left on that was pulled from Faline.

"Who's blood is this?" Chris asks.

"Faline's," Scott says.

"I took an arrow to the gut," Faline says.

"They're hunters aren't they?" Scott asks.

"Not if they're killing for-profit," Chris says. "Not anymore"

"Can they find us?" Brett asks.

"They might already know you're here," Chris says. "Maybe they're waiting for dark"

"So we're not safe here?" Kira asks.

"We're not safe anywhere," Satomi says. "We've been trying to get out for days. Everywhere we turn, we find someone new trying to kill us"

"If they're coming Scott," Chris says. "They're coming for you too. And Faline. You're still number one and two on the dead pool"

"Why are you worth more than anyone on the list?" Brett asks.

"She's the regent," Satomi says. "We have an Alpha, witches have a regent"

"I sent my coven to New Orleans," Faline says. "I have friends there"

"I know Lydia can get the answer from Meredith," Scott says. "She just needs more time"

"Then that's what she'll get," Chris says.

They set up positions in the warehouse. Faline stands near the entrance where she'd cast a boundary spell, once they were in there was no getting out. Only those Faline wanted to leave could leave, just after the entrance, she had laid out a line of salt.

"They'll be okay," Scott says as Faline re-joins the group.

"They have claws and fangs but they're not fighters," Derek says.

"A lot of them haven't taken a life, innocent or not," Klaus says.

"That's why I called you," Scott says.

"Try to remember that I don't have claws or fangs anymore either," Derek says.

"That's why he called me," Braeden says, raising an eyebrow and smirking.