79

Faline is sat writing in her diary at Stiles' desk, her face void of any emotion as the pen scrawls across the paper.

That's the other thing about sadness, it kind of collapses time.

"Faline are you listening?" Coach asks the girl who was just staring at the paper in front of her. "Faline?"

Suddenly you find your whole days blending together to create one endless and suffocating loop. So you find yourself trying to remember the things that made you happy. But slowly your brain begins to erase every memory that ever brought you joy and eventually all you can think about is how life has always been this way. And will only continue to be this way. You are unable to stop yourself from getting sad and that's when the realization hits you. People come into our lives and then they all leave. Everyone's asking me if I'm okay. People that hate me walk up to me and tell me it's going to be okay. I mean no one actually cares what my answer is. I'm supposed to say I'm fine. That's what grievers always say but no I'm not. I want to be, I thought I could be but it's too much. As long as I'm smiling, in the eyes of the world, I'm okay. If you have a smile, people don't feel obliged to try and make you smile. I can't take the loneliness anymore. My friends think I'm there and I'm not. It's like I no longer live in my own body.

Faline grabs a new piece of paper to write a letter which she would never be able to send.

Dad,

I want to start this letter by not saying goodbye because I refuse to believe that you have just blinked from existence and I will never see you again. But I can't stop asking myself, where did I go wrong? When did I lose focus that fast that I managed to let you get taken? Why didn't my magic work when I needed it to the most? But the worst part about your death wasn't losing you, it was losing myself. I did the one thing you wouldn't have wanted me to do. I allowed myself to fall, and I fell hard. I've hit a place below rock bottom, and now? I'm stuck there. Everyone has their own problems. Especially Scott, Stiles, and Allison. Opening our minds has messed us all up. Allison is being haunted by Kate, Scott can't control the shift and Stiles thinks he's going out of his mind. I've lost control of my magic. I can't think or feel anything without something going wrong. Like right now, writing this letter, the bright sunshine has become a storm.

I've become a curse dad, a curse upon my friends. It doesn't matter what I do or what I choose. I'm what's wrong. There's nothing I can do about it. If I'm not hurting myself, I'm hurting everyone around me. There's nothing I can do about it. I don't know what to do anymore dad. I don't know how to live my life. I see you everywhere. I can't even walk into our house anymore. I can't because I see you, reading my grimoires trying to understand my world, I see you drinking the coffee I made you every morning. I see that you're not here for any of that now and I can't deal with that. I wish you were here dad. I need you now more than ever.

Faline holds the letter in her hand and whispers.

"Incendia"

Faline watches as the words are consumed by fire, slowly inching towards her finger before she wafts it and it disappears in the air.

That night Faline walks over to the coven where Sofia was shackled with shackles that stop her from being able to access her magic.

"First" Faline calls. "I want Sofia to walk as we turn our backs on her"

All of the witches begin to turn as Sofia walks in silence flinching each time a witch or warlock turns.

"And now," Faline says. "How were witches dealt with in the olden days?"

"They were burnt at the stake," An elder says and Faline nods.

"Now I was just going to magically snap your neck," Faline says. "But we decided that for betraying the coven and causing the death of not only my father but one of our own you burn"

The witches chain Sofia up as she cries.

"Phasmatos Incendia" All of the witches chant, joining hands.

Sofia screams as she is engulfed by flames as Faline watches emotionlessly. Faline then walks away from the scene leaving the witches to deal with Sofia's body.

 Faline then walks away from the scene leaving the witches to deal with Sofia's body