3

"I don't know what it was," Scott says, splashing through the lake. "It was like I had all the time in the word to catch the ball"

Faline grimaces before looking at her shoes. Faline shakes her head and crosses her arms as her two friends look at her.

"These are my nice shoes," Faline says.

"You have about twenty pairs of nice shoes," Scott says.

"And they're like my children," Faline says. "Would you let your child splash through a disgusting muddy creek?"

"Yes,"

"Do the world a favour Scott," Faline says. "Never reproduce"

Stiles splashes back over to where Faline was stood before he squats down.

"Hop on," He says and Faline hops on his back, wrapping her legs around his waist tightly.

"That isn't the only weird thing," Scott says. "I can hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things"

"Smell things? Like what?" Stiles asks.

"Mint mojito gum in your pocket," Scott says.

"I don't even have any mint mojito-" Stiles trails off pulling out a stick of mint mojito gum, carefully shifting Faline so she doesn't fall. "So all of this started with the bite?"

"What if it's like an infection?" Scott asks Stiles. "Like my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?"

"You know what?" Stiles says. "I actually think I've heard of this. It's a specific kind of infection"

"Are you serious?" Scott asks.

"Yeah, I think it's called lycanthropy," Stiles says.

"What's that?" Scott asks as Faline goes silent, her mind clearly beginning to whirl. "Is that bad?"

"Oh, yeah, it's the worst," Stiles says." But only once a month."

"Once a month?" Scott asks.

"On the night of the full moon," Stiles says before howling.

Scott shoves Stiles' chest as Faline snickers, before getting off Stiles' back and wandering off ahead.

Faline finds a wilted patch of flowers on the floor. Faline places her hands on the ground and watches as the flowers bloom again.

"How did you do that?" Stiles asks and Faline shrugs.

"I need to tell you something," Faline says. "I set those papers on fire in English today"

"How?" Stiles asks.

"I'm a witch," Faline says, holding out her hands.

"Fae you can be mean sometimes but calling yourself a witch is harsh," Stiles says.

"Yeah," Faline says. "Wait, what?"

"I said-"

"I'm mean because I'm hot enough to do it," Faline says. "Besides I mean spell casting, potion making kind of witch."

"That is freaking awesome" Stiles shouts. "Like so freaking awesome. Scott being a werewolf? Old news. Who cares? This is one hundred times better"

"But whatever that was that bit me," Faline says. "It's causing me to lose control. I need a grimoire"

"They have them in the library," Stiles says. "I just assume it was old folklore"

"That's how it's supposed to be to people," Faline says. "A bunch of nonsense cooked up by some pagan crazies"