143

Stiles is sat on the steps of his house when Theo's shadow is cast over him blocking the sun. He looks at the line of mountain ash on the floor before stepping over it.

"I guess we're all telling the truth now," Theo says.

"You killed my best friend?" Stiles asks. "And have taken my girlfriend?"

"Let's be honest Stiles," Theo says. "Was he still really your best friend?"

"Are you gonna let my father die?" Stiles asks.

"If I wanted him to die, I wouldn't have told you where you can find him," Theo says.

"Then why are they saying his body is shutting down?" Stiles asks. "That some toxin's poisoning him and they don't know how to stop it"

"I'm not the bad guy Stiles," Theo says. "I'm just a realist. I'm a survivor. If you knew the things that I know-"

"Yeah, but what do you know?" Stiles asks.

"I know what's coming," Theo says. "I know what the dread doctors created. And I know what Parrish is. I used Faline's grimoires to find out but unfortunately, she wouldn't tell me where they were so I had to delve into her mind and well-"

"Is she okay?" Stiles asks.

"She's, unfortunately, become collateral damage," Theo says, a small smirk on his face.

"What do you mean?"

"Well," Theo says. "Let's says she's not as full of life as she used to be?"

"You killed her?" Stiles asks.

"No, who would that benefit?" Theo scoffs. "She's slightly catatonic"

"Any sign of life?" Tracy asks as she looks down at Faline.

"No" Corey whispers.

Faline's head was rested in his lap and her eyes were wide open. The Doctors had given Theo a paste for the wound and now there was just a faint line down her face.

The witch hadn't moved since Theo had used her mind to find the Nemeton and her grimoires, her eyes were open but she showed no signs of registering their presence.

"He's messed her up," Tracy says. "Now we have to give her back to McCall broken"

"Scott's dead," Corey says.

"Lydia should have stayed in the car" Faline mutters. "She should have stayed in the car. In the car. The car"

"What is she talking about?" Corey asks.

"Faline?" Tracy gently moves the girl's face from side to side. "Faline can you hear me?"

"La Bete" Faline whispers, her eyes stay perfectly still as Tracy moves her head. "Their mission is to bring back the one he loved most after finding the perfect host"

Faline falls silent once again and the teens look at her.

"What's going to happen to her?" Corey asks. "Will she be okay?"

"I don't know," Tracy says. "She's basically catatonic. There's not much we can do for her Corey"

"We have to be able to do something," Corey says, stroking Faline's hair from her face. "She doesn't deserve this, she's good-"

Tracy and Corey are distracted by gunfire sounding through the air, hitting both of them before men in scrubs burst in taking Faline's body from the fighting teens.

"She'll be safe in Eichen," An orderly says. "It's the best thing for her and society"

Corey grabs his phone and presses on Theo's contact.

"Theo we have a problem," Corey says before shouting in pain when Tracy pulls a bullet from his arm.

"What is it?" Theo asks.

"Orderlies from Eichen house," Corey says. "They've taken Faline. They had machine guns and-"

"Fuck" Theo storms from Stiles' house much to the boy's confusion.

"Who he loved most" Faline mutters. "The perfect host. The perfect host"

"Shh now Miss Michaels, you're in good hands"

Faline feels a needle enter her neck and it begins to fade to black, her head lolling to the side.

"Now rest Miss Michaels," A voice says. "You have trials ahead of you"

"Stiles" Faline whispers before her eyes close.

"Stiles, Stiles"

The boy shoots up to find Faline stood in front of him, a small smile on her face and he scrambles to his feet.

"I love you"

Her voice echoed around the room and the slight translucency and blue glow to her skin gave away that she wasn't real. She was a projection of some form.

"I love you Stiles Stilinski"

Her voice was soothing, like when warm water washes over your body when you're cold.

"I love you too"

Stiles reaches out for her but as quick as she was there, she was gone but Stiles could swear he could smell her perfume in his room, lingering as a comfort. He looks at her pillow sadly before moving it close to him so the smell of her shampoo invaded his senses, the vanilla smell comforting to him as he tries to ignore the coldness of his bed without her there.

 He looks at her pillow sadly before moving it close to him so the smell of her shampoo invaded his senses, the vanilla smell comforting to him as he tries to ignore the coldness of his bed without her there