27

"Hold on," Derek says as they trek through the woods. "Hold on. Hold on. Something doesn't feel right"

"Oh that's never good," Faline says.

"What do you mean?" Scott asks.

"I don't know," Derek says. "It was- It was kind of like it was-"

"No, don't say 'too easy'" Scott says. "People say 'too easy' and bad things happen. What do you think finding you two was easy? Having to lie to your dad about where you were? Getting away from Allison's dad. None of this has been easy!"

"Fine, you're right," Derek says.

"Thank you," Scott says before an arrow hits Derek in the shoulder.

Faline looks up to see Allison and Kate and her eyes widen in shock.

"Now the leg" Kate says.

Allison shoots an arrow but Faline throws up her hand, exploding it into ash as she pulls the arrow from Derek's shoulder.

"Flash bolt," Kate says but Allison shrieks when the end of the arrow catches fire, quickly burning its way towards her fingers. "Again"

"SCOTT YOUR EYES" Derek shouts as Faline shields herself and Derek.

Faline helps Derek up and the pair of them begin to drag Scott away but Kate follows them.

"Scott, Faline go"

"I'm not leaving you," Faline says to Derek.

"Allison I can explain," Scott says.

"Stop lying," Allison says. "For once stop lying"

"You wanna talk about lying?" Faline asks. "How come you didn't tell anyone your psycho whore of an aunt had me, hostage, in some secret bunker frying my brains out?"

"I told Stiles!" Allison says.

"I was gonna tell you the truth at the formal" Scott says. "I was gonna tell you everything"

"Not a step closer," Faline says. "Or I will light your ass on fire"

"Because everything that I said" Scott continues as Allison stops in her tracks at Faline's threat. "Everything that I did-"

"Was to protect me" Allison says.

"Maybe you should show some gratitude," Faline says. "Maybe a thank you. Or I'm sorry my family kills for a living?"

"Yes," Scott says.

"I don't believe you," Allison says.

"Thank god," Kate says. "Now shoot them before I have to shoot myself"

"You said we were just gonna catch them?" Allison says.

"You're a fucking idiot," Faline says. "What did you think was next from a family of hunters?"

"We did catch them," Kate says. "Now we're going to kill them" Kate shoots Derek. "See? Not that hard. Now I have been dying to put a bullet in your head"

Kate points the gun at Faline and Allison stares.

"Oh no," Kate says. "I know that look. That's the 'you're gonna have to do it yourself' look"

Kate points the gun at Faline once again and Faline smirks at the woman, not a trace of fear on her face.

"Kate, Kate, what are you doing?"

"Oh now you give a shit about my wellbeing," Faline says.

Kate throws Allison to the side.

"Do it Kate, kill me" Faline whispers, pressing her forehead to the barrel of the gun. "COME ON!"