40

Faline, Stiles, Allison, and Scott quickly make their way into Coach's office, slamming the door closed behind them.

"Derek's outside waiting for Lydia," Scott says.

"Waiting to kill her?" Allison asks.

"If he thinks she's the kanima then yes," Scott says. "Especially after what happened at the pool"

"It's not her," Faline says, shaking her head.

"Faline, she didn't pass the test. Nothing happened,"

"That doesn't matter," Allison says. "Derek thinks it's her. So, either e convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect her"

"I really don't think he's gonna do anything here, not at school," Scott says.

"But Erica and Isaac will," Faline says. "To prove they can do what they want"

"What about after school?" Allison asks. "What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"

"What if Jackson was right?" Faline asks.

"About what?"

"What if Lydia is immune to the supernatural? Like the bite Peter gave her wasn't enough to turn her," Faline says. "But it was enough to act as a vaccine. I mean it's not an exact science but it's plausible right?"

"But how are we going to prove any of this by three o'clock?" Stiles asks.

"There could be something in the Beastiary," Allison says.

"You mean the nine hundred-page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that"

"I can read archaic Latin," Faline says and they all look at her. "Lydia and I got bored of classical Latin"

"I can talk to Derek," Scott says. "Maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not her. But if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?"

"What does that mean?" Allison asks.

"You don't heal like I do," Scott says. "I just don't want you getting hurt"

Allison turns to her bag and pulls out a collapsible crossbow from her bag and Faline's eyes widen.

"I can protect myself," Allison says as Scott stares at her. "What? Did something else happen?"

"I just don't want you getting hurt," Scott says. "Seriously if anything goes wrong, you call me, okay? I don't care if your dad finds out. Call, text, scream, yell, whatever. I'll hear you and I'll find you as fast as I can. We have till three"

Scott quickly turns, catching a bolt and they all look at a sheepish Stiles.

"Uh-"

Allison holds out her hand and Stiles places it in her hand looking like a kid who had been caught stealing from the cookie jar.

"Sorry, sorry," Stiles says. "Sensitive trigger on that"

Allison hands Faline a photocopied version of the beastiary.

"Kanima. Like the wolf, its power is greatest at the moon's peak," Faline reads. "Like the wolf, the Kanima is a social creature, but where the wolf seeks a pack, the kanima seeks a master"

"Miss Morrell read it as a friend," Allison says.

"That is definitely master," Faline says. "Take it from someone who reads grimoires which are in old french dialect and classical and archaic Latin"

Faline and Allison meet up with Stiles, Lydia, and Jackson.

"If we're doing a study group, why didn't we just stay in the library?" Lydia asks as they quickly walk through the halls of the school.