93

Faline's eyes flutter open and she finds herself in the woods bordering the school. She stumbles to her feet and makes her way towards the school. Faline opens the double doors, her eyes wild and frantic. All heads turn to the girl who had disappeared for two days. She was wearing one of Stiles' flannels and a pair of jeans which was what she was wearing when she disappeared. The jeans were torn along with the flannel. Faline was barefoot, her hair filled with twigs and leaves, her face covered in mud. Her lips were chapped and dry, her throat scratchy as she tries to talk.

"It's Faline"

"Someone get a teacher"

"Quick"

"Poor girl"

"She's alive"

"Faline, you okay?"

"Look at her"

"What do you think happened?"

Faline walks down the corridor as all of the students stare.

"Faline" Ethan rushes down the corridor and wraps his arms around the girl who grips onto him tightly, her fingers digging into his jacket.

Coach walks down the hall, Aiden, and Danny at his side, the two of them having rushed to inform Coach.

"WHAT ARE YOU ALL GAWKING AT?" Coach shouts, walking down the corridor. "GET TO CLASS! NOW!"

Faline turns and Coach's face turns to a softer expression as he spits the confusion in her face.

"Come on Faline" Coach says as Lydia sprints down the corridor having heard the news.

"FALINE" Lydia shouts.

"Lydia" Faline smiles, wrapping her arms around her friend.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Lydia says.

"Have you-"

"No," Lydia says.

"FALINE" Faline turns to see Mr Stilinski.

Faline throws her arms around the man.

"You do know I have to take you in for standard questioning?"

Faline nods and Mr. Stilinski leads her to his car after draping his jacket over her shoulders.

Faline frowns when she spots Derek and Chris Argent chained down.

"Wh-?"

"They're under investigation for murder" Mr. Stilinski's phone buzzes. "And Coach Finstock has been shot with an arrow. I'll be back soon"

"I've been gone two days," Faline says. "How the hell are you being faced with murder charges?"

"I don't suppose you have any idea why Stiles would want to frame us for murder? Either of you?"

"I've been unconscious the past few days," Faline says. "So no"

"Yeah you've got half the Preserve in your hair," Derek says. "But honestly I didn't think Stiles was smart enough to frame us for murder"

"To be honest I'm not entirely convinced that's why we're here," Chris says.

"What do you mean?" Derek asks.

"McCall is going to come out here any minute and probably talk attorneys," Chris says. "Say you've agreed to allow mine to represent you"

"Or you could both use my lawyer," Faline says. "She's never lost a case yet. Besides, what do they have besides the money?"

"Why should I trust your attorney?" Derek asks Chris.

"Because I'm not calling my attorney yet," Chris says. "I just want more time"

"To do what?"

"To figure out what we're really doing here," Chris says. "There's no way it's a coincidence that Faline ended up here too. The nogitsune must have known after missing for forty-eight hours that the police would have to question you when you were found and we end up here. It's too perfectly wrapped"

"I could easily get out of these, you know," Derek says.

"So could I but I'm not interested in being a fugitive from the law," Chris says.

"Well, I'm not interested in being a victim to a seventeen-year-old possessed by a psychotic fox"

"Shhh," Faline shushes Derek. "Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"They're singing," Faline says. "Happy birthday to the Sheriff?"

Faline looks at the parcels on the desk of Mr. Stilinski and her eyes widen.

"The bomb isn't at the school," Faline says. "The bomb is here"

The police station bursts into action as people scream.

"GET DOWN" Derek shouts, yanking Chris to the ground. "Faline what are you doing?"

Faline lets out a loud piercing scream, magic escaping her hands as she contains some of the explosion to the Sheriff's Office.

"Was that-?" Ethan asks.

"Faline," The three wolves say in unison.

Faline raises her hand and edits the memories of the deputies before she slumps to the ground. Her skin pale and sickly, her nose bleeding. The station was still in pieces but a lot more put together than it would have been.

"Scott" Faline croaks as her friend walks in, staggering to her feet.

"What happened?"

"Thank god she was here," A deputy says. "She managed to get most of us back before the bomb went off, she's a hero"

Faline smiles weakly.

"I stopped some of the explosion" Faline whispers. "I saved people Scott"

"Yeah you did," Scott says. "But you need to stay here, cover for us okay?"

"Yeah" Faline nods.

"Faline!" Jordan runs over to her. "What happened?"

"A piece of wood hit me on the nose" Faline lies.

"Alright, let's get you cleaned up," Jordan says, helping her up.