117

Faline, Stiles, Kira, Liam, and Scott stand around the table with three laptops.

"Is three going to be enough?" Kira asks.

"Depends on how many cameras they have but I think so," Stiles says.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam asks.

"We're doing it tonight," Scott says.

"But isn't it kind of dangerous?" Liam asks.

"It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic," Stiles says.

"Have you guys done something like this before?" Liam asks.

"Something dangerous or something idiotic?" Faline asks.

"I think it's a yes to both," Kira says.

"You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to," Scott says to Liam.

"I'm not scared," Liam says.

"Then you're borderline idiotic," Stiles says clapping a hand on Liam's shoulder before turning back to his friends. "If we do this we don't know what's coming for us. You know that right?"

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira asks

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required," Faline says.

"Mr. Lewis said the same thing," Stiles says. "He couldn't get paid by the benefactor until he had proof you guys were dead"

"So the idea is," Scott says. "What if you kill someone on the Deadpool but you can't send the proof?"

"You don't get paid," Kira says.

"How does that get us any closer to the benefactor?" Liam asks.

"He still needs to know if the target's really dead," Scott says.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list," Stiles says.

"So if he wants visual confirmation," Liam says.

"He's going to have to come to get it himself"

Faline sits in the ambulance with foil wrapped around her shoulders as a a paramedic tries to get a response from her.

"Can you hear me, sweetheart?" A paramedic shines a light into Faline's eyes. "She's in shock"

"Scott" Faline whispers. "Scott. Where's Scott?"

"They're doing everything they can honey," The paramedic says. "We'll get you inside okay?"

Dr. Geyer walks out of the room and squats down in front of Faline who was staring at the floor.

"I promise you we did everything we could," Geyer says, resting a hand on her shoulder. "But Scott's gone"

Faline lets out a heartbreaking sob as Melissa rounds the corner.

"What happened to my son?" Melissa wails as Geyer whispers in her ear before pointing at Faline. "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SON?"

"I tried," Faline says, gripping onto Melissa. "I promise I tried"

"I believe you" Melissa takes Faline into her arms. "I believe you"

"I was there," Faline says. "I was the last one to see Scott alive"

"It's alright" Melissa chokes out a sob whilst stroking Faline's hair. "It's alright"

"You're bleeding," Geyer says to Faline, gently touching a cut on her head. "Let me clean that up for you"