13

"Stiles I get why you're mad," Faline says as they sit at their desks. "But you can't stay mad at him forever"

"I bet I can"

"Five bucks says you speak to him before this lesson's over,"

"Deal"

Scott walks in and nods at Stiles who glares at him.

"Still not talking to me?" Scott asks. "Can you at least tell me if your dad's okay? I mean it's just a bruise right?"

Faline shakes her head at Scott's attempt to remove some guilt from his shoulders.

"Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big? You know I feel really bad about it, right?"

Scott is met with silence and Faline stares at the boy in shock at how insensitive he was being.

"Okay," Scott says. "What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out and that I went to Derek for help?"

"If I was talking to you I'd say that you were an idiot for trusting him," Stiles says. "But obviously I'm not talking to you"

Scott stays silent and Faline watches with anticipation before Stiles turns around.

"What did he say?"

"YES!" Faline shouts and everyone turns to look at her. "American History!"

Scott and Stiles snort and Faline holds out her hand. Stiles hands her the five dollars with a sigh.

"Your resolve is so weak," Faline says, waving the note in front of his face. "It's like taking candy from a baby"

They walk out of the lesson as Stiles tries to comprehend Derek's training technique.

"He wants you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles asks. "Alright, well correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone is usually myself or Faline"

"I know," Scott says. "That's what he means when he says he doesn't know if he can teach me. I have to be able to control it"

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?" Stiles asks.

"I don't know. I don't think he does either" Scott says.

"Okay, when are you seeing him again?"

"Just told me not to talk about it. Just act normal and get through the day"

"When?" Stiles asks.

"He's picking me up from the animal clinic after work"

"After work," Stiles says. "Alright, well, that gives us to the end of the school day then"

"To do what?" Scott asks.

"To teach you ourselves," Faline says.

At lunch, Scott spent most of the time hiding behind his textbook.

"You look ridiculous," Faline says.

"She's not even looking at you so you can put the book down," Stiles says.

"I'm just on about his fashion choice," Faline says shaking her head. "One day I am stripping out the both of you's closets and revamping them. But Stiles is right, the book is making it more obvious. Besides, she's reading about some old family legend"

"Have you come up with a plan yet?" Scott asks.

"I think so," Stiles says before biting into his apple.

"Does that mean you don't hate me now?"

"No," Stiles says. "But your crap has infiltrated my life so now I have to do something about it. Plus I am definitely a better Yoda than Derek"