81

Faline is placing her textbooks in her bag but turns when Stiles freezes and stares at the book.

"Stiles?" Faline asks. "Are you okay?"

"I can't read," Stiles says.

"Hey" They both turn to see Mr. Stilinski at the door. "You alright?"

Faline continues packing her bag before realizing her pencil case wasn't there.

"You both ready for school?"

"I just need my pencil case," Faline says.

"Dad I'm fine, it was just a nightmare," Stiles says. "What's that?"

"Files from the office," Mr. Stilinski says.

"It says 'Sheriff's station do not remove'" Stiles points out.

"Well yeah, unless you're the sheriff," Mr. Stilinski says. "Get your butts to school alright?"

Mr. Stilinski leaves and drives out the driveway as Faline looks under the bed to see her pencil case.

"How-" Faline reaches under the bed but her movements are halted by a dirt-covered hand grabbing her arm.

Faline looks under the bed and screams, alerting Stiles who turns to see Faline frozen screaming at something under the bed, her arm not moving.

"Faline?" Stiles asks. "What's going on?"

Stiles pulls her into his arms as she continues to scream and cry, the windows shaking as she does so. Stiles looks under the bed to see Faline's pencil case but nothing else. Faline's cries cease and she clutches onto Stiles tightly as he rocks her.

Stiles' jeep pulls into the parking lot.

"Are you sure you want to go into school?" Stiles asks.

"I'm fine," Faline says, pressing a kiss to his lips. "I promise"

Faline and Stiles are walking and Stiles keeps shooting Faline concerned glances. But they are stopped by Scott running down the stairs and crashing into them.

"You alright?" Stiles asks and Scott nods. "You don't look alright, Scott"

"I'm okay"

"No you're not," Stiles says. "It's happening to you too. You're seeing things aren't you?"

"How'd you know?" Scott asks.

"Because it's happening to all four of you," Lydia says as they walk towards the school. "Well, well look who's no longer the crazy one"

"We're not crazy," Allison says.

"Hallucinating? Sleep paralysis? Yeah, you guys are fine" Lydia says.

"We did die and come back to life," Scott says. "That's gotta have some side effects, right?"

"We keep an eye on each other, okay?" Stiles says. "And Lydia stop enjoying this so much"

Lydia points at Faline who was staring at the corridor behind them, they all look to see nothing. Faline shakes her head before beginning to walk to history.

"Good morning everyone. My name is Mr. Yukimura" The new teacher introduces himself. "I'll be taking over for your previous history teacher. My family and I moved here three weeks ago. I'm sure by now, you all know my daughter, Kira. Or you might not since she's never actually mentioned anyone from school. Or brought home a friend for that matter"

A girl, who Faline assumes is Kira sighs loudly and slams her head against her desk as everyone turns to look at her.

"Either way there she is"

Faline can't contain the amused grin that adorns her face as the girl looks up but when they make eye contact Faline freezes.

"Faline"

Faline turns to see Paige, stood in the back of the classroom covered in black blood.

"It's your fault"

Faline looks to see her father who was trying to speak but dirt kept pouring from his mouth.

Faline grabs her bags and quickly walks out of the classroom.

"Miss Michaels" Mr. Yukimura calls but Faline keeps walking. "Mr. Stilinski!"

"Faline" Stiles grabs his girlfriend's shoulders and turns her around to face him.

"No" Faline whispers before her voice raises to a shout. "NO"

Stiles is launched down the corridor and groans when he hits his head. Faline presses a shaky hand over her mouth when Stiles pulls his hand away from his head to reveal blood on his fingertips.

"I'm okay," Stiles says. "Faline, I'm okay"

"I'm sorry," Faline says. "Stiles I am so sorry"

"It's okay," Stiles says. "I am okay"

Stiles walks forward but Faline takes a step back.

"I don't want to hurt you," Faline says.

Stiles quickly moves and pulls Faline into his arms.

"It's okay" Stiles whispers.

"Do you see her?" Faline asks, looking over Stiles' shoulder.

"Do I see who?"

"Paige" Faline whispers and Stiles turns.

"There's no one there," Stiles says.

"She's stood right there," Faline says.

"Faline, there is no one there," Stiles says.

"What the hell is happening to us?" Faline asks.

"I don't know," Stiles says.