67

"Faline I need you to tend to the minor wounds" Melissa calls as the girl flits between patients.

Faline nods as she begins to take people's pain with magic.

"Okay," Faline says, looking at a wound oozing blood on a woman's arm.

Faline grabs a needle and surgical thread before beginning to carefully stitch up the woman's arm. The stitches were neat and precise.

"Are you a trainee nurse?" The woman asks, looking at Faline who was extremely concentrated.

"No, I'm a volunteer," Faline says.

"FALINE CAN YOU LOOK FOR DOCTOR HILYARD PLEASE?" Melissa asks as she holds her hands to a woman's stomach wounds. "I'M NOT SURE IF SHE'S ARRIVED YET"

"ON IT" Faline shouts, getting to her feet before turning to the woman. "Keep them clean and if they tear come straight back"

Faline walks towards the elevator before a shout makes her turn.

"SOMEONE HELP ME" Faline turns to see Ethan holding up a weak Danny.

"Oh my god," Flaine mutters running over, slinging Danny's other arm over her own shoulders.

"Careful," Faline says as she and Ethan lower Danny into a seat and the boy screams in pain.

"What happened?" Faline asks.

"He said he felt weak and that he had chest pains," Ethan says. "Then it just kept getting worse"

Faline grabs the stethoscope from around her neck before holding it to Danny's chest as Melissa tries to mediate the two boys behind her.

"This isn't good," Faline says. "Is Doctor Hilyard here yet?"

"No" Melissa turns to the receptionist. "HOW MUCH LONGER ON DOCTOR HILYARD?"

"His larynx has shifted to the side," Faline says. "I think it's a tension pneumothorax"

Danny lunges forward and berries spew from his mouth as Faline rubs his back.

"Mistletoe" Ethan whispers.

They get Danny on a bed and the teenage boys follow.

"Can you two please go back to the waiting room?" Melissa asks.

"Where are the nurses and the doctors?" Ethan asks. "Where is everyone?"

"It's a full house tonight," Melissa says. "They're tending to other patients"

"Okay, how can we help him?" Scott asks.

"Honey you can't," Melissa says. "His lung is collapsed. His heart is being pushed against his chest cavity now"

"He's gonna die isn't he?"

"No he's not," Melissa says. "Scott, grab the tap. You grab those scissors and cut his shirt open"

"Mom he's not breathing," Scott says.

"I know," Melissa says before stabbing the needle into Danny's shoulder holding it in place as Faline begins to relieve the pressure.

"Please work" Faline whispers as Melissa pulls the needle out after releasing the pressure.

Danny gasps heavily and his eyes flutter open.

"Thank you," Danny says, squeezing Faline's hand.

"No problem," Melissa says. "What?"

Both Ethan and Scott were staring at Melissa and Faline.