23

"Did you get the picture?" Scott asks down the phone.

"Yeah, we did" Faline replies.

"It looks just like the one in the drawing" Stiles says.

"Hey is there something on the back of it?" Derek asks. "There's gotta be something. An inscription, an opening, something"

"It's not a clue," Faline says. "It's a who. The Beast of Gevaudan. A werewolf in France in the seventeen hundreds that murdered a whole bunch of people before an Argent killed it, that's what started the hunting legacy"

"The thing's flat," Scott says. "And no, it doesn't open. There's nothing in it, on it, around it, nothing. And where are you Stiles, you're supposed to be here? You're first line"

"Where the hell is Bilinski?" Coach's voice sounds down the phone.

"Man you're not gonna play if you're not here to start"

"I know," Stiles says. "Look if you see my dad, can you tell him- Tell him I'll be there, I'll just be a little bit late, okay? Alright thanks"

"You're not gonna make it," Derek says.

"I know," Stiles says with a sigh.

"And you didn't tell him about his mom either," Derek says, raising an accusing eyebrow.

"It most likely wasn't Melissa," Faline says. "She leaves her computer logged in all the time, anyone could have easily done it. Anyone who has access to computers wouldn't have looked suspicious sitting at one"

"I can't tell Scott till we find out the truth," Stiles says.

"By the way one more thing," Derek says.

"Yeah," Stiles says and Derek bashes his head against the steering wheel.

"Oh god, what the hell was that-"

"You know what that was for," Derek says. "Now go, both of you"

"It was for using him as Danny bait," Faline says climbing out of the car.

"I did not" Stiles scoffed. "Besides you're the one who sent Danny surfing the internet for porn videos that don't exist"

"And?" Faline asks. "If push comes to shove I'll send Derek over to his house and then-"

Faline's phone pings.

No

"Damn werewolf hearing," Faline says as they walk inside.

"Yeah, I said I can't find her," Stiles says into his phone.

"Look ask for Jennifer. She's been looking after my uncle"

"Yeah well he's not here either," Stiles says when they walk into an empty room.

"What?"

"He's not here," Faline says. "He's gone, Derek"

"Stiles, Faline get out of there right now"

"Oh my god," Faline says.

"He's the Alpha," They both say at the same time.

"Get out!"

Faline turns and steps back into Stiles when she spots Peter standing at the end of the corridor. Faline's arm comes out and reaches across Stiles' body protectively.

"My, my, Faline you grew into a beautiful young lady," Peter says. "You must be Stiles"

The pair turn to begin walking down the corridor and Jennifer walks up.

"What are you doing here?" Jennifer asks. "Visiting hours are over"

"You and him," Stiles says. "You're the one who- Oh my and he's- Oh my god, we're gonna die. We're gonna die"

"Stiles, shush" Faline says. "Let me think-"

Jennifer falls to the ground when Derek's elbow connects with her face.

"That's not nice," Peter says. "She's my nurse"

"She's a psychotic bitch helping you kill people," Derek says. "Get out of the way"

"Oh damn," Stiles says, dropping to the ground before scuttling out of the way.

"You think I killed Laura on purpose?" Peter asks as Derek and Faline stand together. "One of my own family?"

Derek roars before leaping at Peter who throws him into a wall, cracking the plaster and causing dust to billow into the air. 

Stiles watches as Faline's hands and eyes begin to glow green, her hair flying around her head as she raises her hand towards Peter. The Alpha's eyes widen as an invisible force punches him in the chest, sending him flying backwards. 

"Come on," Stiles says, pulling Faline by the hand.

"But Derek-"

"Go" Derek shouts. "I'll be fine"

"Do you have any idea what it was like for me all those years?" Peter asks as Faline and Stiles hide behind the desk. "Slowly healing cell by cell. Yes, becoming an Alpha, taking that from Laura pushed me over a plateau in the healing process. I can't help that"

Faline pulls away from Stiles, popping her head over the desk to watch the fight. 

"I tried to tell you what was happening," Peter says. "I tried to warn you"

"He knows where we are anyway," Faline says. "I'm sorry you're missing the game"

"I would have screwed things up anyway," Stiles says.

"Your dad would have been proud no matter what," Faline says. "You know that. I would have been too"

Stile smiles at her as she turns to look for Peter and Derek.