142

Faline stands talking to the tow truck man.

"It's going to cost over eight thousand bucks for this to be repaired and fully functional," The man says.

"Send me the bill okay?" Faline glances at Stiles who was staring at the jeep sadly, stood by Malia's car. "Here's my address and contact details, so send me the bill okay?"

Faline climbs into the backseat of Malia's car, Stiles in the passenger seat. Faline ignores the conversation in front of her as she was texting Scott trying to get him to listen to reason. She only looks up when Malia stops the car.

"Want me to go in with you two?" Malia asks.

"It's probably going to take a while," Stiles says.

"Are you going to tell him about Donovan?" Malia asks.

"You knew?" Faline asks.

"I guessed," Malia says. "I saw the bite on Faline's shoulder when we were getting changed for gym. It didn't matter to me. That's why I never said anything. You're both still the same people"

"It matters to me," Stiles says, getting out of the car.

"He just needs some time," Faline says before Stiles opens the door for her.

"Is my dad in?" Stiles asks.

"The sheriff left half an hour ago" The deputy replies. "He said he was on his way back"

"Okay thanks, we'll just wait in his office," Stiles says.

All of a sudden alarms sound through the air.

"What's going on?" A deputy asks. "Did someone pull the fire alarm?"

"Hey check the back"

Faline watches Jordan walkout, covered in soot and deputies raise their guns.

"Don't shoot!" Stiles shouts as Faline cautiously steps forward.

"Jordan?" Faline asks but he just walks past her.

"Come on" Stiles pulls Faline by her hand as they follow Jordan and watch him take the bodies.

"Get Theo on the phone," Faline says.

"I got here as fast as I could" Theo hops out of his truck.

"We gotta go now," Stiles says. "Parrish has got the bodies-"

"I'm gonna head to the school," Faline says. "I feel like I'm needed there"

With a pop, Faline was gone leaving Stiles and Theo.

Faline lands into the library to see Liam and Scott fighting.

"Liam!" Faline shouts and the young beta pauses, leaving Scott to slowly heal.

"He won't bite her," Liam says. "Hayden is going to die"

"Sometimes-" Faline steps forwards holding out her hands. "Some people can't be saved and you have to choose between them suffering for longer or letting them suff-"

"No" Liam roars, clawing at Faline's face, sending the girl to the ground, blood pouring from the left half of her face.

Scott watches in horror as she goes down on the ground, all anger towards her gone in that split second.

"Liam what did you do?" Scott roars.

The beta seems to snap out of it for a second before he roars again.

"I came for the regent," Theo says. "The witch so powerful she can decimate an entire village, pull hearts from chests without remorse and I came for her protector too. I came for Void Stiles, that's the pack I want"