158

"Have a great summer, everyone"

"No-" Stiles says.

"To the seniors, I'll see you at graduation"

"No, no, no, no... That's it? What?" Stiles asks.

"Last day ever!" Faline grins at her boyfriend.

"Well, it just feels so anti-climactic," Stiles says

"Well, there's the whole graduation thing," Scott says. "Faline's valedictorian speech"

"I've gotta go to summer school, or I can't do the whole graduation thing" Malia says.

"Let's go" Scott says.

"No. Come on, wait! Guys? This can't be it"

"I can't believe we're not in high school anymore. It kind of feels like nothing's really changed"

"Everything's changed"

"Okay! So, Liam, since you're the new Alpha-"

"I'm not an Alpha"

"Right. But, you know, Alpha-in-training-"

"Well, I'd have to kill an Alpha"

"Liam!" Stiles huffs. "Since you're taking over, the most important thing you can remember is that Mason is always gonna be the one who's there to save your ass all the time"

"Well, not all the time"

"Most of the time, though. Which is why-" Stiles pulls out his baseball bat. "I think you're gonna need this"

"Uh, I don't play baseball" Mason says, clearly confused by Stiles' gift.

"Right, neither do I. It's... It's not the point"

"Okay- thanks-"

"Love you guys!"

"Right"

"I leave you with this. You know- hurt her, and I'll kill you" Stiles says to Scott, referring to his jeep.

"You sure you won't need it?"

"It's okay. Fal's gonna drive me down to D.C. She wants to help me move into my dorm, so- You know she's starting MIT as a junior? How do you even do that?"

"I- She's a genius"

"That's right" Faline smirks.

"Real question is, how did you get into UC-Davis?" Scott asks.

"How did you get into George Washington?"

"I don't know. Uh, your dad. The, uh, big FBI pops made a call to the little pre-FBI program" Stiles says.

"Pre-FBI? Well, I guess we're not the same kids running around the woods, looking for a body" Scott says.

"No, we're not," Faline says. "And I'm glad"

"You know, you can keep the Jeep"

"No. I- I want you to have it"

"Oh, Stiles? These aren't the keys to the Jeep"

"Well, that one is to your house, another to your room. Uh, it's the master key to the school, animal clinic- a key to the Sheriff's station- I just figured you should have all the copies I secretly made, so- Yeah"

Faline shakes her head in amusement.

"They still need us," Scott says.

"They'll always need us. And, you know, I... I need you. You know that"

"I need you, too. I'm gonna miss you" Scott says and Faline nods in agreement.

"No, really, I need you, though. Uh... I lost my license in the Hunt, so one of you has to drive"

"Your dad is the Sheriff. I'm sure he'll let it slide. You drive" Faline says.

"Unit Four, repeat-- you're telling me there's a body in the woods?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying. There's a body in the woods"

"No" Faline says, looking between her best friend and her boyfriend. "No-"

She yelps when Stiles throws her over his shoulder as Scott opens the jeep door.

"Lydia Martin"

"Scott McCall"

"Faline Michaels"

"Mieczysław Stilinski"

Stiles blows a kiss to Faline and she smiles up at him.

"Malia Tate"

"And now the class Valedictorian, chosen by their classmates. Faline Michaels"

Faline steps up to the lectern as her friends cheer loudly.

"I want to start with a quote from Dr Seuss," Faline says. "'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know, you are the guy who'll decide where to go'. This quote resonates with my own and my friends' journey through high school. But it also allows me to ask the one question we're all thinking. What now? From everything you've learned at this school, what will you remember? What will you forget? What will you use in the future? One thing we've learnt at this school, unfortunately, is how to deal with trauma and loss. But I think it has made us grow as young people. But at school, we learn how to communicate. School teaches us to meet new people. How to communicate with people we like, people we don't like. My question is how will you use these communication skills? Will you use them for good, will you use them for bad. Will you use them to express love or hatred? I want to say, Carpe Diem. Make the most of the present, live your life to the fullest. Live every day as if it was your last. Finally to all of you, my fellow graduates, I hope that as we close this chapter of our lives we can all start a fresh one. Good luck and congratulations class of 2012!"

Everyone cheers and the graduation caps all fly in the air.