80

"He didn't even get to finish what he was saying before Rex popped him in he nose." Laughed Cody. Ahsoka giggled too.

Rex groaned and his his face in his hands. "Codyyyyy." He complained.

Ahsoka laughed even harder. Cody had been with them on Onderon for a week and a half now. They had fallen into a routine as they days got a little shorter and the weather began to cool a bit as winter got closer.

Mornings were spent doing chores and whatnot. Cody liked to help in the kitchen, clearing the counters of clutter with some direction from Rex while Ahsoka tried to tend to the garden, picking the ripe fruits and vegetables and making sure the flowers were neat.

Rex usually made lunch for him and Cody. Ahsoka had taken to just eating raw meat for lunch. Then she would do the laundry while Cody and Rex watched the news. Evenings were spent telling stories to each other. Either sharing what was on the news or just talking.

"And you know what Wolffe said after that?" Cody cackled, breaking Ahsoka out of her revery. "Tell her, Rex."

Rex sighed, his face still in his hands. "He said, 'Looks like this little dog is rabid.'"

Ahsoka snickered. "Wolffe, calling you rabid?"

"Hey, Fox was asking for it." He protested. Ahsoka shook her head.

"Cadet Rex sounds like quite a handful." She teased, getting up from her chair to sit next to him on the couch.

"You have no idea." Rex grumbled.

Cody laughed, then winced a little. He put his hand to his temple gingerly.

"Is it ok if I go to bed early tonight?" He asked, standing and picking up the long thin wooden cane Rex had made for him.

"Yeah, of course." Ahsoka said. "Are you alright?"

Cody nodded. "Just have a bit of a headache."

"Are you sure?" She asked, moving to get up. Cody waved her away.

"Yes Mom, I'm fine." He said, making his way to the stairs. "It's just a headache. Why don't you and Rex talk about baby names or something? Just don't name it after me." The cane hit the bottom step. Cody counted the stairs under his breath and disappeared.

Rex sighed softly, leaning his head back against the back of the couch and closing his eyes. "If you think I was bad as a cadet, Cody was worse." He grumbled.

"How worse?" Ahsoka asked, tucking her feet up and leaning her head on his shoulder.

Rex chuckled lightly. "Worse than Fives until Fox squealed on him. Then the instructors whipped him into line." He wrapped an arm around her subconsciously. Ahsoka grabbed his hand and laced her fingers through his.

"Cody? A prankster? I'd have to see it to believe it." She shook her head. "Did he ever pull anything on you?"

Rex smiled faintly, opening his eyes to stare at the ceiling. "It's what got him in trouble. He put blue food dye in my shampoo. My hair was even lighter when I was younger, if you believe it. It was a solid week before the blue faded, and even then it looked greenish silver for months. He would have gotten away with it too, if Fox hadn't been snooping in his locker and found the bottle."

Ahsoka reached up with her free hand to run it through his mess of blond curls until it was a fuzzy disaster. Rex gave her a sidelong pout.

"Really?" He sighed. Ahsoka kissed him on the cheek. "You're lucky you're cute." He grumbled, sitting up and made a futile effort to smooth his hair down.