As soon as Rex deemed himself strong enough to walk, he was pestering Kix to let him out of the medbay. He was reinstated as captain, which meant a demotion for Fives. The ARC trooper didn't care, he had his ori'vod back. 

There were a few other things that Rex had missed on his three weeks on Kamino and two in the Resolute's medbay. He grimaced, plucking at the threads of the sheets on his bunk in the medbay. Oh Ahsoka. I'm sorry, Cyare. I'll be back soon.  

The address on the message from 'Fulcrum' matched up with Ventress's apartment. In typical Corascanti fashion, the 501st battalion had been pulled from Cato Nimodia to Ringo Vinda. They would be meeting up with with the 56th battalion, under twin jedi generals Tiplee and Tiplar. Because apparently one jedi wasn't enough to capture a small orbital outpost, they needed three. 

Rex tossed down his datapad and flopped down on the pillows behind him. Part of him, Probably the part that had spent too much time around Fives, was tempted to annoy Kix until he was released. The fever was gone for the most part, and he could breath normally. Most of all, he was sick of this stupid bed. He wanted to see his men. He wanted to go back to Ahsoka's old quarters and find some trace of her. He wanted to hit the shooting range or the gym and let a punching bag know about his frustration.

He was pretty sure Kix was just keeping him there for observation at this point. He was more than tempted to leave him a note and just walk out. He would probably trip a sensor on the way out though. 

He glanced at the chrono as Kix bustled in, right on time as usual, for his check in. Rex opened his mouth, but Kix beat him too it. 

"No, you may not leave this medbay until you have been cleared by both me and General Skywalker." He said curtly. Rex hunched his shoulders sullenly as Kix took his temperature, blood pressure, and respiration. 

"Skywalker's already cleared me." Rex grumbled. The medic glared at him before snapping down the guard rails on the bed and pulling him to his feet. 

"Well I haven't. You want to get up and move? Fine. Let's go through physical tests." Rex perked up a bit. Finally, something to get himself moving! Kix took him to a small weight set and treadmill on one side of the infirmary. After the time he'd spent in the bed, his muscles complained with the tests. It felt good, though. Good to be pushing, to be fighting something. 

For something. The sooner he got better, got out of this kriffing white walled room, the sooner he could be on the battlefield. The sooner he could be fighting to get back to Ahsoka. The thought of his wife gave him new strength, and he pressed harder. 

By the time they were finished, Rex was sweating. Kix had been mostly silent the entire time, only speaking to tell him when to move to the next exercise. Kix was keeping the datapad he was taking notes on close to his chest. Rex kept trying to catch a glimpse of his results. Kix held the pad away from him, tossing him a towel instead. 

Rex caught it and reached again for the datapad. "Let me see! I want out of here." He complained, wiping the sweat from his brows. Kix glared at him. 

"I'll send you the results when you get out of here. Don't you have paperwork to do?" The medic grumped, moving backwards. Rex shook his head.

"Finished it. I want to see how much farther I have to recover." He reached for it again, but Kix pushed him back. Rex's soldier instincts kicked in and he grabbed Kix's wrist, pulling him forward and off balance. The medic twisted, breaking Rex's hold and flipping the captain over his knee. Rex wrapped his knees around the Kix's waist and sent them both to the floor. The datapad skittered out of his hand and came to rest a few feet away from them. 

Rex lunged reaching for the thin device. Kix caught his ankle and pulled him back. the medic was surprisingly strong. That or Rex was weaker than he thought. Probably both. he gave a grunt as he hit the floor. He leapt to his feet and tried to get to the small device before Kix did. Diving, he slid along the pristine floor and snatched up the datapad. 

"Oxygen intake - normal" He read aloud, retreating away as Kix picked himself up off the floor. "Temperature - 97'F. Blood pressure - 100/70mmHg. Muscular performance - Good, considering time spent at rest. No signs of atrophy yet. No signs of overexertion yet, keeps up with GAR standards..." He trailed off with a frown. "Kix, I'm perfectly healthy. Why the hell are you keeping me here?" He looked up. Kix snatched the datapad from him with a glower. 

"You want to know why? Fine. I'm keeping you here because you nearly died from an invisible force messing with your memories, and I don't even know if you really have remembered everything because how could you tell what you lost if you don't remember losing it. I'm keeping you here because you were seriously ill for a week from something I had no concept of. Now you're completely healthy with a near miraculous recovery. Then again, I suppose everything is miraculous for a dead man like yourself." Kix snapped. Rex was a little surprised at the outburst. 

"You think you're confused? Try being the one living through it!" Rex growled back. "Try being the one who now has to deal with the most important person in their life thinking that they're dead and not being able to get to them. Try being the one who is supposed to be dead!" He snarled. Kix shrank back slightly, his eyes widening as he understood. Ahsoka. Rex's eyes prickled and burned with unshed tears. "You want me to stay? Fine. I'll stay. But it doesn't mean I'll be happy about it."

He stalked back to the hated infirmary bed and flopped down, curling up on his side. Force, he missed her. Even just the force bond in their mind gave him some peace of mind in knowing she was alright. Now they didn't have even that. Rex couldn't even touch the force to see if there was anything left. He pulled the pillow out from under his head and hugged it to his chest. It was a poor substitute, but it was something. He closed his eyes and just tried to sleep. 

A/N - Rex needs a hug. And Ahsoka. Preferably a hug from Ahsoka. Kix needs coffee and a nap, as do most of the overworked medics in the GAR. 

I got Tagged! (Like... three weeks ago. I forgot about it for a while. Oops.)

1 Do you like somebody? - Yes
2 Do they like you? - Yes
3 Middle name? - Confidential
4 Single or taken? - ... It's complicated
5 Last person texted? - Person from Q.1
6 Last song I listened to? - Flares by The Script
7 Battery percentage? - 52%
8 Guy best friend? - Again, Q.1
9 Girl best friend? - Confidential
10 OTP? - Rexsoka
11 Why did you make your account? - To try to get my pseudonym out there as a writer. working in Fanfiction for now. I want to work on originals later though...
12 Lock screen? - Cover for this book
13 Birthday? - 5/30/06
(Not tagging twenty people. Too lazy.)