17

Rex didn't come back that day. Or the next. All she got was a comm that there was something going on at the barracks and he'd be away for a while. On the second day Fives managed to roll onto his side and curled up in a ball around the wound in his stomach, his blacks dirty against the white bandages. She knew she would have to scrounge up some clothes for him, as well as give him a bath. For now she settled for washing the old ones. 

She helped him sit up enough to ease the top part of the blacks off and put them in the small wash machine and let it run. She then got a bucket of warm water and a rag. Fives raised an eyebrow. 

"Gonna wash me like a dirty dish?" He rasped. Ahsoka pressed her lips together. 

"Since you're too weak to walk to the refresher, yes. I don't need you getting another infection." She sighed. "Please don't fight me. It'll be better in the end for you if you just let me get you cleaned up." She waited before he relaxed before gently helping him turn over so he was on his back and staring at the ceiling again before she started to scrub at his slightly sticky skin, washing away layers of sweat and dust as carefully as she could. 

"At least it's you and not the monster you live with." He mumbled, turning slightly so she could get at his back and neck. 

"Yeah. I think she'd just dump the bucket on you and call it good." She chuckled, patting him dry with a towel and pulling the blankets up to his chin as he relaxed again with a soft exhale. He tensed up again after a second and muttered an oath. 

"Think I'm bleeding again." He sighed. Ahsoka stiffened as she grabbed new bandages and the bacta jar. They were almost out. She unwrapped the layers of white that covered his lower stomach as fast as she could with out hurting him. She finally got them off and relaxed a little after surveying the damage. 

"Just a burst blood vessel. Nothing too bad." She pulled out the bacta and gently applied it to the wound and the area around it, being mindful of his flinches and muffled yelps. At a particularly bad jerk that almost caused a catastrophe, she sighed and looked up at him. 

"Yes, I know it's tender. I know it hurts. I've been shot before too. And unless you want to be stuck on my couch for the rest of your life, which will shorten considerably if you make me mess up, I suggest you let me help." She growled, using the force to hold him down as she finished up and rewrapped the wound. As she let up he coughed a little. 

"I take back what I said earlier. I'll take the harpy." He grunted as she hit a particularly sore spot while she was rewrapping the ugly thing. The wash chirped and she collected the top part of his blacks and eased them on, feeling his pain as he sat up too much or tried to use what was left of his abdominal muscles. 

She sat back and hesitated. "Do you want to wait for Rex to get back so he can do... uh... the lower half?" She stuttered, her lekku visibly darkening at the thought. 

"I have my briefs on. I'm not that brash." He gave her a sideways glance, his eyes big and pleading. Ahsoka's shoulders slumped in sympathy. He probably felt disgusting and having to have somebody else manually bathe him was adding insult to literal injury. Ahsoka nodded after a second. 

"If you're sure that's ok with you." She relented after a second. He nodded, and she lifted the blanket. She worked the skintight layer off of him, the material stiff with blood, sweat, and probably urine as well. She stuffed them into the small machine and started it up again as she set back to washing his legs, not lingering too long on any place before she finished and pulled the blanket down to cover him until the lower part of his blacks were dry. 

She keyed up Rex's number on the comm, half expecting it to go to recording like it had the last few times she had called. It lit up to the familiar shape of her husband, and tension visibly drained from his shoulders when he saw her.