𝟕𝟕. "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬 𝐂𝐥𝐮𝐛"

Grace P.O.V.

𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟑 𝐨𝐟 "𝐍𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐝"

After meticulously examining the house one more time, we found a home cinema and a gigantic collection of DVDs. It was way bigger than the one I used to have.

We also discovered a wee music room with a round skylight and a small balcony. It became my new favourite place. There is also a small gym. Jerome's new favourite place.

Thankfully, we didn't get any more unpleasant surprise visits. Still, Tom called every day anyway to make sure everything was all right, and he kept constantly asking if there is anything he could do. It pissed Jerome off to no end.

"Morning, Gorgeous." I suddenly heard him from behind me.

I stopped playing the violin and turned to him. He was only wearing sweatpants and he looked absolutely perfect. He also just woke up so his eyes were still barely opened.

"Good morning, Handsome." I grinned at him. He chuckled and sat down on the old brown leather couch.

"Want me to play you something?" I asked him.

He grinned and nodded. I set down the violin and sat down in front of the big, shiny, black piano. I grabbed the proper sheet music and positioned it in in front of me.

Then I started playing. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that Jerome closed his eyes and smiled softly.

It was raining outside and the rain mixed nicely with the music. I finished the piece and looked at the ginger. He opened his eyes and grinned at me.

"What was that? It was nice." He said. I blushed.

"Well, it may or may not be something I wrote." I muttered shyly. His eyebrows shot up.

"And it may or may not be called "Le Gingembre Souriant"." I added. He cocked his eyebrow.

"The Smiling Ginger." I mumbled and blushed madly.

An incredibly huge grin appeared on his face and he pointed his finger at me.

"You love me." He accused playfully. I snorted with laughter and stood up.

"No, I despise you actually, that's why I write music about you." I sneered and sat on his lap.

He immediately grabbed my face and pushed his lips on mine. I smiled into the kiss and buried my fingers in his messy, morning hair. He suddenly pulled away a bit.

"I despise you too." He grinned. I giggled and kissed him again.

***

I put on a pair of forest green culottes, a light grey, cropped, button-up cardigan and a pair of peach-coloured socks.

Then I walked over to the mirror to take control of my curls. They ended exactly above my shoulders, although I was considering cutting it shorter again.

I didn't have the patience to wait until they'll be long again and I hate every length between my jaw and bum. I quickly grabbed a pair of scissors and cut a few inches off of them.

I shook my head to make them fall nicely. They reached my jaw again. I smiled softly at my reflection and went out of the bathroom in search of Jerome.

I headed to the gym first, since that's usually where he is when he's not with me, the ten minutes a day that happens. I slid open the glass door and found him doing push-ups.

"Hi." I tried to catch his attention.

He stopped his workout, sat on the floor and looked at me. He didn't smile. My heart sank in my chest.