𝟒𝟕. "𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠"

I woke up, and my eyebrows creased when I didn't feel Jerome anywhere. I blinked my eyes open, and as soon as I remembered where I was and what happened last night, I frantically shot up, jumped off the bed and began dressing in the same outfit I wore the day before. Then I quickly grabbed my bag and headed to the door.

Only I remembered something just before I left. I promptly ran back to my nightstand, picked up the ring Jerome gave me and smoothly slipped it on my wedding finger. Then, instead of leaving, I exhaled deeply and smiled at the ring like an idiot. It took me a few long seconds to get a grip and finally leave the room.

I practically sprinted towards Scarecrow's room and leapt inside without bothering to knock. That creep was just sitting on his bed and staring at the wall as if he was in a trance. I exhaled with relief and rubbed my face. He narrowed his beady little eyes and tilted his head at me.

"What?" He rasped. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm checking whether you're still breathing, you creep." I hissed, slammed the door and headed towards the kitchen.

If Jerome didn't wake up to hurt Crane, then I had no idea why he would leave me alone in our bed. I got to the kitchen and found there Oswald making coffee. He looked at me and sent me a small smile.

"Morning, Oswald." I grinned and walked up to him.

"Good morning, Grace. Coffee?" He cocked his eyebrows and raised the pot.

"No, thanks. I don't like coffee." I smiled awkwardly and shook my head.

"Good to know." He chuckled and sipped his drink.

"Well, take whatever you need." He shrugged and gestured to the fridge. I nodded weakly.

"Have you seen Jerome?" I asked. His eyebrows creased slightly.

"He's in the dining room waiting for the guests."

"What guests?" I frowned with confusion.

"He didn't tell you?" He muttered with surprise. I exhaled with frustration and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Excuse me, Mr Cobblepot. It seems that I need to have a talk with my fiancé." I sighed, sent him a small smile and spun around.

"Your what now?" He asked with utter confusion. I giggled and raised my hand to show him my ring. His eyebrows shot up.

"That's an odd choice for an engagement ring." He noted. I snorted with laughter and nodded.

"That's cause we are odd, Penny." I grinned and quickly headed to the dining area. He chuckled behind me.

I got to the room, and my eyes immediately fell on the ginger. He was aimlessly pacing around in circles and playing with his cuffs. He was wearing the exact same outfit he stole, only without the coat. I cleared my throat to get his attention. His head shot up at once, and he grinned at the sight of me.

"When were you going to wake me?" I cocked my eyebrows and folded my arms on my chest. He giggled and took a small step towards me.

"I wanted you to get a good night's sleep, so I was going to wait until the last possible minute. Even though everything sucks without you." He grouched. It took a lot out of me to keep my angry face on.

"Are you mad?" He muttered and nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Why didn't you tell me we're awaiting company?" I asked and came up to him. He looked down at me and swallowed heavily.

"Just two people. S-surprise?" He grinned awkwardly. I scoffed, grabbed his tie and lowered his head down to me.

"It's so sweet that you let me sleep in, but someone might someday kill your infuriating ass if I'm not around to charm them." I smiled sarcastically and pecked his lips. He rolled his eyes.