𝟕𝟗. "𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐞"

I woke up laying on an actual bed of roses. It smelled so nice. I inhaled deeply and smiled to myself.

It took me a few seconds to remember what happened and what I did. My eyes widened at the thought and I immediately sat up.

"Easy." I heard Ivy's voice.

My head snapped towards her. She was sitting on her throne and eyeing me curiously. I carefully stood up and looked at my body. Everything seemed to be normal.

"I like your style by the way." She pointed to my green culottes. I quickly examined my hands.

"You won't see any changes, Sage." I breathed out with relief.

"Well, maybe except for one." She added.

My head shot up and my eyebrows creased with confusion. She got up from her seat, walked over to the table and picked up a mirror. My heart stopped for a second.

She came up to me and handed me the small looking glass. I swallowed heavily, took it from her and raised it to my face. What I saw made me drop the mirror to the ground and inevitably shatter it.

"S-s-sorry." I murmured in a daze.

"It's all right. How do you like it?" She asked me with a small smile.

I started frantically fondling with my pocket trying to take out my phone. After I finally managed it I turned on the camera and started carefully examining my left eye. I widened it with my fingers to get a better look.

It really is green.

One of my eyes is green.

My left eye is forest green.

"I like it for one." Ivy interrupted my daze. I shakily slipped the phone back in my pocket, took a deep breath and rubbed my face.

Well, I guess it's not the worst thing that could happen, considering I'm trying to fix Jerome's scarred face. My eyes widened at the thought.

"H-h-how l-long was I out!?" I panicked and yanked my curls.

"Just over six hours." She shrugged. I did my absolute best as to not lose my cool.

"What's the big deal?" She chuckled playfully. I shook my head.

"N-nothing." I stuttered.

There is no point in explaining anything to her. She obviously isn't a very solicitous person.

"Want to test your new abilities, Sage?" She grinned widely.

My face fell. I completely forgot about that. My eyebrows creased with slight concern.

"Don't be scared. I'm right here for you." She smiled sympathetically.

Then she started walking and gestured for me to follow. I obliged and soon we were back outside.

She stopped in front of a small patch of ground where nothing was growing and sat down in front of it. I quickly did the same.

"Place your hand on the ground." She said gently. I complied.

"Now close your eyes and imagine your favourite flower." She instructed me. I shut my eyes and thought about lavenders.

"Now open your eyes." I could hear slight excitement in her voice.

I did as she said and looked at the patch of dirt. My eyes widened when I saw a few tiny lavenders growing out of it.

I panicked a bit and quickly scooched backwards in a daze. Ivy chuckled at my reaction.