𝟏𝟒𝟗. "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐤𝐚"

I blinked my eyes open and immediately realised I was in my room. It took me a few seconds before I remembered everything that's happened, but as soon as I did, I frantically shot up. My eyebrows creased when I noticed I wasn't actually in my bed. It was a new one down on the floor.

"You're up." Bruce rasped from the couch and rubbed his eyes. I glared at him with pure hatred.

"Before you say anything. He's alive and right here in the manor." He told me. My eyes widened, and it felt as if someone shot adrenaline into my body.

"Where is he? Take me to him." I ordered and jumped off the bed.

"Do you want to get dressed first?" He asked and pointed to the oversized shirt covering my body and the grey socks.

"Bruce!" I snapped.

"Fine. Fine." He sighed, stood up and headed to the hole in my floor. I ran past him and practically flew down the stairs.

"Bruce, hurry. Where is he? Hurry." I whined and smacked his leg.

"Calm down. He's right here." He muttered and pointed to the door on the right side of the corridor.

I immediately leapt towards it and threw it open. It seemed that he turned the area into a makeshift medical room. There was a hospital bed inside, and two nurses were standing by it.

"Get away from me. Don't fucking touch me." I could hear Jerome growl from behind them.

"I have to clean your wounds, Mr Valeska." She argued and kept trying to pat his forehead with the cotton ball.

"No. Fuck off. I'm not letting you do anything until I see my wife." He hissed.

"We can't make that happen, Mr Valeska. Just stay still." The other begged.

"Fuck no." He snarled and moved his head away from them. They both sighed and walked up to the two different medical stations.

"I want..." He hushed, and his face lit up when he saw me.

"Grey." He muttered and lifted himself slightly.

I immediately ran up to him and jumped on him. He grunted softly but reflexively returned the embrace, grabbed the back of my head and pushed his face in my hair. I burrowed my face in his neck and started crying with relief.

"Hey, it's all good. I'm right here, Gorgeous." He chuckled into my curls and kissed my head.

"Let's give them some privacy." Bruce uttered in a hushed tone, and soon, the door closed.

"I thought you died." I whimpered and tightened my hold on the ginger.

"No. I'm like a cockroach. I can survive anything." He joked. I laughed through my tears and kissed his freckled skin.

"Cockroaches can break legs, right?"

"W-what?" I muttered with confusion and looked over my shoulder. My eyes widened when I saw he had a cast covering his left leg all the way up to his thigh.

"Yeah, I'm lucky I still have it. It was pretty fucked up. But Wayne loves me so much he called the best surgeons in Gotham here to fix it." He told me. What he said made me immediately think about Jeremiah.

"Is Jeremiah alive?"

"Uh, very much not." He snickered and stroked my curls.

"Jerome, Honey, just tell me what happened." I pleaded and cupped his face.

"Well, uh, I managed to use him as a shield from the explosion, but he was still alive. Then a huge rock crushed my leg, and I got kinda stuck there with him. We were both in pain, but I had a knife. So I slowly butchered him until Wayne came to get me. First, I ripped out his eyes. Then I stabbed-"