𝟏𝟎𝟖. "𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤"

"Wonder what they want." Jerome muttered as he ruffled through the wardrobe in search of an outfit for himself.

"I have a pretty good idea." I shrugged.

Then I quickly slipped on a pair of black and white houndstooth trousers, a white crop top and reached for a jumper.

"Uh, Gorgeous?" He mumbled and nudged my back. I frowned with confusion and turned to him.

He looked at the floor and shook his red sweatshirt. I grinned widely, grabbed the fabric from him and swiftly put it on.

"How do I look?" I chuckled and shook my long-ass curls and sleeves.

"Perfect doesn't begin to describe it." He swooned, got down on one knee and grabbed my hands. I blushed madly.

"You somehow look even more beautiful than when I saw you for the first time." He grinned and started rolling up my sleeves.

"My gorgeous wife." He hummed and pecked my hands.

"Enough." I grumbled quietly.

"That's the honest truth." He giggled, got back up and snaked his arms around my waist.

"Hush." I mumbled shyly and covered my throbbing cheeks with my hands.

"If you're asking me to stop admiring you, I'm afraid I can't do that, Gorgeous." He pulled his mouth in a straight line and shrugged.

"Nygma will be pissed if we're late. Let's..." My eyes widened when I got an idea.

"Oh, my God." I grinned and bolted out of the bedroom.

"Grey!" Jerome yelled, and I could hear him trying to pull on his sweatpants at a rapid speed.

***

"Grace!" Jerome growled after he finally barged into the garage. He was all sweaty and breathing heavily.

"What?" I chuckled and kept running from one spot to the other, grabbing various tools and materials.

"Why would you...?" He strained out, bent in half and leaned on his knees.

"You're really out of shape for someone who works out all the time." I giggled, gathered all the things I needed and sat down on the floor.

"I...hate...running." He huffed.

"You do run weird." I grinned widely. He glared at me, staggered towards me and plopped down next to me.

"I don't run weird." He grumbled and took off his damp t-shirt.

"You do." I chuckled and got to work on the engine.

"I don't." He gritted through his teeth and threw the moist fabric at my face.

"Ugh." I groaned with disgust and hurled it behind me. He giggled.

"You really do run weird. That was the only thing that made me hesitate over marrying you." I grinned and winked at him. He scowled.

"Why do I run weird?" He mumbled and folded his arms on his chest.

"You do a tiny circle with your leg after every stride." I chuckled softly and rolled my finger in a circular motion. He grinned like a crazy person.

"What?" I frowned with confusion.

"You must love me so much to notice things like that." He laughed smugly and nudged my shoulder. My eyes narrowed with irritation.

"You always wink when you read." He told me.