𝟐𝟏. "𝐆𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞"

Jerome P.O.V.

We all walked over to the red oil truck, and I sent Aaron a suggestive look. Surprisingly, he got what I was implying, nodded and got behind the wheel.

I definitely didn't want them to know that I couldn't drive. And after Grey's and my talk, I was pretty sure she wouldn't tell anyone. That made me glance at her.

She was wearing a goddamned straitjacket, and she still somehow managed to look adorable. I quickly came up to the passenger door, climbed on the truck and plopped down next to Aaron.

Then I looked at the seats and realised there was no way we would all fit in there. I grinned at the thought and looked down at Grey.

"I think you're gonna have to sit on my lap, Gorgeous." I winked and reached out my hand to help her.

She chuckled softly, took it and clumsily climbed in. I giggled at her graceless attempts, and she glared at me playfully.

Graceless. Now that's funny.

I'll have to tell her this one.

As soon as she was inside, I pulled her onto my lap and wrapped my arms around her waist. She shifted slightly to make herself comfortable. Greenwood got in shortly after, and Arnold gripped the side of the truck.

"I gotta tell ya. That was a nice view." He grinned at her disgustingly and sat down next to us.

My blood boiled, but before I could do anything, Grey swatted him in the nose. My eyebrows shot up, and I snorted with laughter.

He groaned with pain and grabbed it. Then he glared at her and raised his fat hand. My eyes widened, and I immediately clutched it.

"Do you want to die, Greenwood?" I growled and yanked it down. His nose twitched with rage.

"It's ok, Jerome. Just ignore him." Grey muttered gently, took my hand and placed it on her stomach.

Then she started rubbing it, and I immediately relaxed. There was always something about her touch that managed to calm me down no matter how angry I was.

Ever since she first offered her hand to me to help me get up from the ground. I felt pleasant shivers then, and they didn't disappear despite how often we touch.

I inhaled through my nose, sniffed her hair in the process and smelled vanilla and peaches. I grinned into her soft curls and kissed her head. She moved it, leaned it on my shoulder and looked up at me.

"Hi." She whispered and cupped my face.

I could see love glinting in her beautiful eyes. I grinned widely, placed my hand on her cheek and pressed my lips to hers.

"Do I drive now?" Aaron asked. I was too far gone and lost in her to give out a decent order.

"Mm." I grunted carelessly. She chuckled softly.

"Drive, Aaron." She told him, and the truck started.

"Thanks, Gorgeous." I mumbled and started leaving sloppy kisses on her cheeks and jaw.

She grinned widely and suddenly turned her head to look out the window. I frowned and immediately wanted to tilt her face back to me, but then I remembered she was locked up for the last few months.

And because of me.

I took a deep breath and left her be. She suddenly moved closer to the dashboard and leaned her forearms on it to see the rain better. She was wearing pretty tight pants, so my view was great.