𝟏𝟑𝟎. "𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐧"

Grace P.O.V.

★ 𝐒𝐢𝐱 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐈𝐭 ★

"Call him." Bruce told me. I turned my gaze away from my notebook and looked at him.

"I won't call him." I shook my head. He sighed and sat down on the couch.

"So you're just going to be alone forever?"

"Yes." I nodded calmly and got back to my drawings.

"Listen. I get-"

"You don't, Bruce." I cut him off, closed my journal and got off of the windowsill.

"You have someone you love, and you're waiting to go back to her. I technically still have a husband. And I'll never be able to tell anyone about who I really am. It just won't work. Drop it." I ordered him and swiftly headed to my room.

***

As soon as I woke up, I put on a pair of black leggings, a loose grey sweatshirt and a pair of running shoes. Bruce was teaching me how to fight, and he forced me to go on runs every morning. The only good part of that was that it usually rained in the mornings in Edinburgh.

Then someone knocked on the front door. I frowned with confusion and quickly headed to it. I wanted to keep a gun in the entry table, but Bruce said I couldn't shoot anyone anyway. He was right, but I still kept a knife stuck under the wooden surface.

"Who is it?" I asked carefully.

"Uh, Louis Brooks. I'm, uh, looking for Robin." I heard, and my eyes widened.

"Bruce, you stupid son of a bitch." I growled to myself.

"Yeah, he called me." Louis chuckled.

I sighed deeply and opened the door for him. Then my face fell when I saw a bouquet of lavenders in his hand.

"He, uh, he told me you like them." He explained and extended the bouquet to me.

"I-I do." I muttered and took the flowers from him.

"So what did he tell you to get you here, exactly?" I cocked my eyebrows.

"He said you wanted to call me, but your last relationship turned you off from dating."

"Oh, that little...I will kill him as soon as he gets back." I snarled and tightened my hands into fists.

"Am I to understand you didn't want to call me?" Louis smiled awkwardly. My head shot up at once.

"Oh, no, no, no. I-it's not that. I-I'm sorry, uh-"

"I'm beyond hurt." He declared. My eyebrows creased slightly.

"But you're in luck. A cup of coffee should heal my wounded pride." He told me with a grin. I chuckled and rubbed my forehead.

"So, how about it?" He raised his eyebrow. I pulled my mouth in a straight line.

"Fine. The coffee's on me." He groaned and threw his head back. I stifled a laugh.

"All right. Let me grab my coat." I grinned weakly and closed the door.

***

After spending over five hours with Louis, I was certain of only one thing. I could never love anyone but Jerome. Louis was perfectly charming, good-looking, very funny, almost as intelligent as Lucius, kind, and I could still only think about the crazy ginger bastard I was still in love with.

"So, you still haven't told me what you do for a living." Louis snapped me out of my thoughts.

After we got coffee, we went to the park. As it turned out, Louis loved rain just like me, so he didn't mind walking around despite there being a raging storm over us.