𝟏𝟑𝟒. "𝐁𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐞"

I couldn't stop staring at myself in the gigantic mirror in my bathroom. It had bulbs all around it, just like the ones in dressing rooms for actors. It was another thing I apparently muttered to Wayne while I was inebriated. I sighed at the embarrassing memory and slicked my curls back. I decided to wear it like that because Barbara told me it was supposedly hot.

And whether I liked the impulse or not, I wanted Jerome to look at me and regret all the women he chose to shag while I wasn't there. Back when I first got a straight answer about whether he did it, I was just miserable. But since then, my sadness morphed into anger and resentment, and so I got dressed accordingly.

I picked out a pair of skintight black jeans, a black turtleneck long-sleeve shirt, a short black leather jacket, a pair of black lace-up boots and my cape. I even painted my eyes the same way I did for the gala. I honestly wanted nothing more than to watch him burn to touch me.

***

Jerome P.O.V.

"Joker, you have a visitor." Jasper declared after he walked into my cell. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't care." I muttered and got back to my book.

At least once a week, there was someone who wanted to talk to me. It was mostly women. I never came out for anyone but Barbara. I could care less what those head cases wanted from me.

"I-i-it's n-not a-a-a c-choice t-this t-t-time." He mumbled shakily.

"What's the name?" I sighed, stood up and let him restrain me.

"Robbie Grayson." He told me and started leading me through the corridors. My eyebrows creased.

"Grayson? Well, that's familiar." I chuckled weakly to myself.

"But wait. Is that a man or a woman?" I asked.

"I honestly have no idea." He shook his head and opened the door to the visitation room. Immediately I noticed someone in a hood sitting with their back to me.

Grace P.O.V.

After he finally stepped inside the room, I swiftly spun around in my seat. I kept a huge grin on my face, but when my eyes fell on him, and all of my confidence immediately disappeared. When he realised who he was looking at, his face filled with utter and complete shock, and he froze like a statue. I eyed him up and down and swallowed heavily.

He must've been spending all the time he wasn't reading on working out because he looked better than ever before. Or it may have been just that when I last saw him, he was at his worst. Be that as it may, he still looked incredible. And he was wearing the same outfit he wore when we visited his uncle's diner. I quickly shook my head to get a grip and straightened myself up.

Then I realised the guard was obediently standing behind him and waiting for him to do something. My eyes narrowed slightly when it dawned on me that he was a part of Jerome's cult. The way he was looking at him with the glint of respect and fear gave him away at once. The ginger was still gawking at me as if I was a ghost.

"You'll leave us alone after you cuff him to the table." I noted. The man nodded rapidly.

"Good." I chuckled softly. Jerome was still unresponsive.

"Well, cuff him." I ordered the loony. He sent Jerome a questioning look.

"Joker?" He whispered. I scoffed, turned my gaze to the window and crossed my arms on my chest.

"Don't call me that." Jerome growled in a hushed tone and finally walked up to the table. My eyebrows shot up slightly with surprise.

"I'm Jasper." The guard told me as he bound Jerome to the bar in the middle of the table.